Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:32 PM

Re: Pond Removal

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, like you say, it's all labour intensive. I hope I ain't being ripped off again.... my instincts says not, but as I age it's not always correct .... (still wringing hands nervously).
I'll do it for £900.

Come on. You can trust me.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Do you know anyone who’s had work done by him, or are there any reviews, it’s always difficult to be sure until you’ve used them,

Nope, don't know anyone. The garden centre who recommended him seemed to rate him and his nephew well saying they're never short of work and good workers.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'll do it for £900.

Come on. You can trust me.
And you can trust me to slap your legs if you don't shut yer gob
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 08:29 PM

Hi Pestles

It can quite easily cost £1,000 to cut down and remove a tree these days, so although £800 is a lot of money, I don't think you are being ripped off. So long as they do as you have asked of course. say it takes three days then that's wages for two people for three days, plus they will have to pay for anything taken to the tip, our local tip charges £2.50 per bag of rubble.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

13-03-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Pestles

It can quite easily cost £1,000 to cut down and remove a tree these days, so although £800 is a lot of money, I don't think you are being ripped off. So long as they do as you have asked of course. say it takes three days then that's wages for two people for three days, plus they will have to pay for anything taken to the tip, our local tip charges £2.50 per bag of rubble.
Hi Dingalongalingalo

When you said you didn't think I was being ripped off, I thought yay!!

Then you said about it might take 3 days etc etc. He reckoned it would only take a day for them to do it!
So, it's making me nervous £800 for one day's work, although it'll be hard graft, and yes, like you say there's charges for tipping etc.

Is it still a good deal? £800 for one day's work ....

... still wringing my hands
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 11:47 PM

And you can trust me to slap your legs if you don't shut yer gob
Promises, promises.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 12:17 AM

Hi Dingalongalingalo

When you said you didn't think I was being ripped off, I thought yay!!

Then you said about it might take 3 days etc etc. He reckoned it would only take a day for them to do it!
So, it's making me nervous £800 for one day's work, although it'll be hard graft, and yes, like you say there's charges for tipping etc.

Is it still a good deal? £800 for one day's work ....

... still wringing my hands
Difficult to say without actually being there really. Eight tons of top soil could easily cost £400
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

14-03-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Difficult to say without actually being there really. Eight tons of top soil could easily cost £400
I realised after he phoned I should have asked how much 8 tons of soil was, but never mind. I'll ask him when he phones a few days before they actually do the job

I think I've resigned myself to pay out and have done with it. There's so much stress trying to find someone that might actually do a good job at a fair price. I seem to have spent years doing the same thing over and over and I invariably get it wrong
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-03-2019, 06:48 PM

Sometimes it can be too stressful shopping around for the best deal Pesta. So long as they do as you ask and you are happy with it then you don't need to worry.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:33 PM

Hope you manage to catch all the froggies and their spawn, else it don't bear thinking about.
Shame it's in the middle of the breeding season.

You might get mistaken for a garden gnome with your fishing net.
You should get your photo taken with a big pointy had on.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top