Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 02:08 PM

Pensioner Soldier charged with Murder in Ireland.

I just don't believe it! a British pensioner ex-soldier is to face charges of two murders of civil rights workers in Ireland over 47 years ago! Once again, a scapegoat is needed to placate the Irish families who gave evidence against 16 soldiers who state they were being shot at and acted in self-defence on Bloody Sunday. So it seems that they are an easy target being in their late 60's and early 70's.

This, while those b....d scum IRA bombers and killers, responsible for the slaughter, death and maiming of countless innocent men, women and children, are allowed to walk around free. Even the killer of Airey Neaves is running a bar in Majorca. all thanks to Tony Blair.

Who on earth would let their son join the Army to fight for their country when this is their thanks. Disgraceful!!! The Government and Prosecution Service should hang their heads in shame at such treatment. Such time has passed that when first interviewed, these pensioners took advice because they were so worried about prosecutions for something that happened nearly half a century ago. They were assured that no prosecutions would be forthcoming if they agreed to make a statement. Most of them did so,

Now one is being charged with murder on the evidence of relatives of those killed. This is just not right.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 02:13 PM

Re: Pensioner Soldier charged with Murder in Ireland.

This is wrong on so many levels, including we forgave IRA and others during the peace process. If what IRA did was forgiven then so should anything army did.
I remember my cousin who was in the army in NI in the 70's what he went through was awful, kids and women spitting at him as he walked past but he couldn't say anything, kids and women handing the soldiers presents shouting boom and running away leaving them worried what they had in their hands might end their lives. He came back a different man than when he went there and he was a veteran of other conflicts but it was NI ruined his life.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 02:23 PM

I was 15 and in the nearest town was where the Junior Leaders were once stationed. These boys were aged 15-17 and away from their homes and families. They went on to join the Regular Army and a lot of them ended up in Northern Ireland. We knew quite a few of them, some eventually marrying local girls and settling here. But there were some lovely lads that we knew that died over there courtesy of an IRA bullet. it was so sad. I am so angry on their behalf at this sheer injustice.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This is wrong on so many levels, including we forgave IRA and others during the peace process. If what IRA did was forgiven then so should anything army did.
I remember my cousin who was in the army in NI in the 70's what he went through was awful, kids and women spitting at him as he walked past but he couldn't say anything, kids and women handing the soldiers presents shouting boom and running away leaving them worried what they had in their hands might end their lives. He came back a different man than when he went there and he was a veteran of other conflicts but it was NI ruined his life.
I totaly agree. These men shouldn't be judged looking through the eyes of today. These were different times with bombings every day in the news. Women and children were killed by the sonsof bitches of the ira.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 04:26 PM

I agree with all this posts it is a disgrace.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 04:32 PM

Total utter disgrace what is the world coming to?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Hi

This is so wrong on so many levels.

We have given amnesty to the IRA, if we are removing it from our own, we remove it from them.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 07:09 PM

After 800 years of colonialism, military occupation, starvation, rent-wracking, religious & cultural oppression, denial of democracy, enforced migration and Christ knows how many other horrors suffered by the Irish at the hands of the British political classes, nothing should surprise anyone about politics in Ireland.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 07:59 PM

Never judge a man until you’ve walked in his boots and unless you’ve stood against a mob in a riot ( scary stuff ) then whilst I don’t condone murder neither can I understand the events on Bloody Sunday as it seems only the IRA version is being given

https://youtu.be/8NpaT5LDFgM
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-03-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Where Ireland is concerned, you ignore history at your peril.

Where Ireland is concerned, the British never learn - they are such slow learners.

Fortunately, Irish republicans are very patient teachers.
My own dad was raised in an IRA stronghold village in Limerick, with 7 brothers and 3 sisters. Who knows what went on over there way back then. He never said anything and we certainly never asked. I do know that during the troubles when we visited family over there twice a year, if we were sitting in any public place and the buckets came round for donations, as a Brit I seethed. But when I once protested loudly to all the family sitting there with me that no way was my money going to support them, my dad gave me the most ferocious look, told me to shut my mouth, say nothing and just put the money in the bucket. (which I did with great reluctance). However, that look from my dad said enough to know when to keep stum and obey!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top