Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 08:09 PM

Re: Formula E racing on BBC2

I apologise for the stupid ‘game’ that interrupts this video however if you fast forward through it ...

JIM CLARKE ... still even today THE GREATEST RACING DRIVER EVER and that was in his short career , imagine what else he WOULD have gone on too win ... then look at today’s drivers and compare

https://youtu.be/9pJ11eQY9Ok
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 10:50 PM

This will decide just how popular F1 is in the uk I imagine as it’s now no longer free ... so will you put your hand in your pocket ?

Formula 1 2019: A new era for the sport on television as well as on track http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47542802

Formula 1's relationship with the British public undergoes a huge shift this year.
For the first time in more than 40 years, audiences in the UK will not be able to watch regular live coverage of the F1 season as part of their basic television package.
The only race available to watch live on free-to-air television - requiring only a licence fee - will be the British Grand Prix.
Britain's five-time world champion Lewis Hamilton said during pre-season testing that this development was "definitely not cool", as he recalled settling down to watch grands prix live as a child.
It is the result of a new contract between F1 and pay-television company Sky, which was signed by former F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone before the sport was sold to Liberty Media.
This contract runs from 2019 to 2024 and it hands Sky the exclusive broadcast rights to F1 in the UK.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 04:05 PM

Have just seen an advertisement on a Sky channel as to the cost of future F1 viewing now it's going to be pay to view. I couldn't find a link for that same TV advertisement but the one below gives similar details as to cost etc.:

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...e-2019-advert/

There was me thinking it just might be shown on existing Sky channels but no, silly me, it's a new channel dedicated to F1 at a cost of £10 a month so existing Sky customers also have to pay. However I did see that highlights of the Australian F1 can be seen today on Channel 4, how long that will remain the case for future F1 races is I guess yet to be seen.

£120 a year, and I guess that's only for existing customers as that would only be possible if already paying for one of their packages. New customers would be paying rather a lot more if they were to subscribe to Sky simply because F1 will no longer be available to watch for free as it has been up until now.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 04:10 PM

I have sky hd so atm I get f1 included, if I have to pay more then sky will go, I’m not on a fixed contract so I can leave anytime.. even though I’m a die hard f1 fan, I won’t pay any extra..
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I have sky hd so atm I get f1 included, if I have to pay more then sky will go, I’m not on a fixed contract so I can leave anytime.. even though I’m a die hard f1 fan, I won’t pay any extra..
I no longer have Sky so am not aware if F1 will also be shown on their other channels. The way things are these days I don't see F1 being shown for free on one Sky channel if they can charge for it on another dedicated channel. Hopefully, for existing Sky viewers like yourself you will not have to pay extra. However, sadly that just doesn't seem to be the way in these days of financial greed that we see everywhere.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top