Join for free
Page 8 of 40 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 06:58 AM

Re: Flexible extension???

Hi

Much as I dislike No Deal, May's deal is a disaster.

It is neither leaving or staying in.

The backstop is like getting divorced and agreeing that your Ex must agree to your next partner.

In other words, a complete nonsense.

We are not going to get anywhere unless May goes, she will just keep plugging on regardless with getting her deal through.

She does not listen, she does not negotiate, it is her way.

She is now saying she will stay as PM until she gets a deal agreed.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The backstop is like getting divorced and agreeing that your Ex must agree to your next partner.

We are not going to get anywhere unless May goes, she will just keep plugging on regardless with getting her deal through.

Hi swimmy, Whilst l egree mostly, with what you say,
I do have one question for you, it is as follows
What is your solution to it all?

Best Regards, Donkeyman
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What an arrogant assumption! Your post epitomises everything people loathe about the arrogant establishment and their assumption that they know better than the rest of society.
I'm surprised you didn't add - "Let them eat cake!"

Bring back the Guillotine!.

Yes, the poorest in the land voted Leave, why wouldn't they? The working class have had no party to represent them for the last two decades. The days of old when the Labour Party was associated with "Labour and the Pits" have long gone.
The Labour party for the past two decades have ju st morphed into a replica of the Tory Party. Hell, they may as well be Tories. there's no difference

The salt of the earth working class living outside the London bubble knew exactly why they voted to Leave. They knew that by voting Remain it wouldn't make the slightest difference to the struggle of their lives and those of their families. I very much doubt if many thought by voting Leave, it would make a big difference to their lives, but I bet they thought they couldn't just let things carry on as they were, with those in the South automaticallly claiming the lion's share of everything and the North being left behind every time.

Contrary to belief, the people in the North are the canniest people on this planet when it comes to money and savings.
Just ask a Scot or a Yorkshireman!! They could certainly show the soft Southerners a thing or two about accumulating and managing money.

You're talking through your hat!

You seem very muddled in your outlook as NON of the matters you raised has anything WHATSOEVER to do with the EU.

I totally agree with the sentiments within your post, but surely you must agree that had the matters you raise been thought through with more vigor than just accepting the "nice to have's" once we leave we could possibly be in a better position.

Your own post says that the concerns of the voters was there discontent with government policy and not with the EU.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A deal is a deal. It is signed by the EU (commission) and your government. The bickering between your pm and parliament is an internal affair.
If you want to leave, that deal is the only way out. As stated again yesterday when extension was granted by the EU. It will not be renegotiated. You missed your chance, live with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 11:16 AM

I understand the preparations for leaving without a deal have been 'stood down' until October. Apparently according to those in the know we may well be offered another extension .

It looks like we are going to be stuck with indicative votes with no majority until then . Maybe by October the new intake at the EU parliment will just decide to kick us out .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I understand the preparations for leaving without a deal have been 'stood down' until October. Apparently according to those in the know we may well be offered another extension .

It looks like we are going to be stuck with indicative votes with no majority until then . Maybe by October the new intake at the EU parliment will just decide to kick us out .
By then they will have had enough of us vetoing everything hopefully.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

And at what cost, £500 million BAE Systems £150 million retail sector etc

The £1.9 billion the government has spent on preparing for no deal so far could pay the salaries of around 85,000 nurses, 50,000 secondary school teachers or 49,000 police constables.

Civil servants have been told to shelve preparations for a no-deal Brexit with "immediate effect" after departments spent more than £4bn preparing for a cliff-edge departure from the EU.

Thanks very much brexiters, I don't think!!!!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
No arrogance, just the truth that a significant number of leave voters are struggling and do not have the luxury of having savings to withdraw from their bank let alone cause a run on it. I travel to Yorkshire frequently and I can assure you that there are whole communities struggling and any savings they had have long been spent
I find myself surprised that a visitor to Yorkshire could become so close, to the Yorkshire people, that he/she can make sweeping generalisations about the financial status of the population.

I'd be interested in the source of your facts on the "truth" and the "whole communities struggling."

That's a huge generalisation!

You must have made very good use of your charm, wit, and negotiating skills to get any figures to support that.

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
And at what cost, £500 million BAE Systems £150 million retail sector etc

The £1.9 billion the government has spent on preparing for no deal so far could pay the salaries of around 85,000 nurses, 50,000 secondary school teachers or 49,000 police constables.

Civil servants have been told to shelve preparations for a no-deal Brexit with "immediate effect" after departments spent more than £4bn preparing for a cliff-edge departure from the EU.

Thanks very much brexiters, I don't think!!!!
To get any sympathy, for your position, you might have to advise us how much the remain activities have cost us since we voted OUT!

You have to remember that Remain is the strongest movement in our government, thanks to being run by the Civil Service and our remainer Cabinet members.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 01:59 PM

The EU Parliament is holding a meeting next Tuesday about our none departure, Tusk and Juncker will be in attendance.

Tue16 Apr Jean-Claude Juncker
MEETINGS StrasbourgFrance
Addresses the Plenary of the European Parliament on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union
It will be worth watching to see what Farage has to say..

Meanwhile our MPs have gone on holliday ...

MEETING Strasbourg France
Receives Mr Guy Verhofstadt, Mr Elmar Brok and Mr Roberto Gualtieri, members of the European Parliament’s Brexit Steering Group
what a busy day...

Page 8 of 40 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top