Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 07:41 PM

Re: Groundhog Day

Originally Posted by fender ->
I've neither said that or inferred it, so don't infer that I did.
My problem is the ones that come here with a sense of entitlement and for handouts. I've said that many times. Trouble is with dipsticks like you is that you interpret posts just to suit yourselves.
@itsme: fender didn't stated or inferred that. Ray cathode made these statements a while ago, but a few days ago he re-affirmed them. And if I could I would pull him through the lines of internet to clobber the living daylights etc is a title of a james bond movie😋

@fender. My first reaction is to agree with you, where economic immigrants are concerned. But first you have to ascertain they are that, and not entitled to asylum.
As a father of two grown up daughters I sometimes had to restrain myself from kicking in some teeth from young men hissing after my ladies passed. But that were our "own" young second generation maroccans. Presenting a problem of itself.
What you are referring to are men in their twenties who come here, expecting jobs, house, freedom to force on our women their habits of burka etc? Those you may send back by plane and parachute them down where they come from.
But.
We get here young families, man, wife and one ir two very young children. No problems with them, they adept to our ways, let children go to school. But at the end of the day they are still economic refugees.
As a parent I ask myself, what would I do? Stay here, where my children have no chance for a better life, or leave everything behind and travel to europe, where my children have a future? We will work hard, the children learn a profession etc.
I think I would take my chances for the sake of the children, wouldn't you?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
@itsme: fender didn't stated or inferred that. Ray cathode made these statements a while ago, but a few days ago he re-affirmed them. And if I could I would pull him through the lines of internet to clobber the living daylights etc is a title of a james bond movie😋

@fender. My first reaction is to agree with you, where economic immigrants are concerned. But first you have to ascertain they are that, and not entitled to asylum.
As a father of two grown up daughters I sometimes had to restrain myself from kicking in some teeth from young men hissing after my ladies passed. But that were our "own" young second generation maroccans. Presenting a problem of itself.
What you are referring to are men in their twenties who come here, expecting jobs, house, freedom to force on our women their habits of burka etc? Those you may send back by plane and parachute them down where they come from.
But.
We get here young families, man, wife and one ir two very young children. No problems with them, they adept to our ways, let children go to school. But at the end of the day they are still economic refugees.
As a parent I ask myself, what would I do? Stay here, where my children have no chance for a better life, or leave everything behind and travel to europe, where my children have a future? We will work hard, the children learn a profession etc.
I think I would take my chances for the sake of the children, wouldn't you?
Yes,

These are the ones to which I generally refer to.
I have no real problem with those that wish to come here, work / pay their dues and integrate with us.

In saying that, I do feel we need to slow down / control immigration. Not because I don't like immigrants, but the countries infrastructure is already stretched to the limit and more people arriving does not help.
I don't blame the immigrants per se, I blame the Establishment.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Yes,

These are the ones to which I generally refer to.
I have no real problem with those that wish to come here, work / pay their dues and integrate with us.

In saying that, I do feel we need to slow down / control immigration. Not because I don't like immigrants, but the countries infrastructure is already stretched to the limit and more people arriving does not help.
I don't blame the immigrants per se, I blame the Establishment.
It pains me to say I agree with you. Long time ago I was young and idealistic and thought we could solve these little problems in no time. The times where we seriously thought we'd go on vacation to the moon.
Real life is not a little, but very different.
Here too politicians promise to offer affordable housing on the short notice. But putting money where their mouth is?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 08:04 PM

It pains me to say I agree with you. Long time ago I was young and idealistic and thought we could solve these little problems in no time. The times where we seriously thought we'd go on vacation to the moon.
Real life is not a little, but very different.
Here too politicians promise to offer affordable housing on the short notice. But putting money where their mouth is?
Same,

Maybe we'd actually get on, having a natter in a more relaxed / pub environment. The typed word / posts can be all too easily misinterpreted...

Not only that, but I am a short tempered bugger sometimes!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 09:59 PM

@itsme: fender didn't stated or inferred that. Ray cathode made these statements a while ago, but a few days ago he re-affirmed them. And if I could I would pull him through the lines of internet to clobber the living daylights

Lol, yes I did and I say it again. The worlds population is growing out of control and these wastes of oxygen should be removed at the earliest opportunity. Do you believe everything you read on the internet, or only when it suits your agenda? Any of you may answer.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-05-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Lol, yes I did and I say it again. The worlds population is growing out of control and these wastes of oxygen should be removed at the earliest opportunity. Do you believe everything you read on the internet, or only when it suits your agenda? Any of you may answer.
You shouldn't take a life, I'm not religious but I do believe in thou shall not kill. Not in least because it would change you irrevocably as a human being. I don't wish that on you.
That doesn't mean I'm not all for teaching those cretins a lesson. What perhaps worries me more than those ignorant younglings is that they hide behind their religion. Not all the islam, but a certain group of moslims interpret their holy book such that men are superior to women. I have no fixed solution, but something must be done about that attitude, and if a religion preaches male superiority, that you shouldn't accept donor blood, should not vaccinate, mutilate girls genitals, then it's time to tackle that religion.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:31 PM

You shouldn't take a life, I'm not religious but I do believe in thou shall not kill.

Kill or be killed.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-05-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Kill or be killed.
That's a different, and acute situation. And even then there are effects on the one who lives. Ask any soldier who has combat experience and seen his opponent in the face.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top