Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 12:17 PM

Waitrose hand held scanner

Anyone else noticed that the noise it makes sounds like 'Only you' by Yazzoo?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 12:22 PM

Re: Waitrose hand held scanner

I have never used one LD
I have enough trouble manoeuvring a trolly and keeping a weather eye on my handbag while trying to fathom what on earth I have written on my shopping list without having another gadget to contend with
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have never used one LD
I have enough trouble manoeuvring a trolly and keeping a weather eye on my handbag while trying to fathom what on earth I have written on my shopping list without having another gadget to contend with
I have never used one either Meg, I just wander around singing 'Only You' to myself. happens every time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have never used one either Meg, I just wander around singing 'Only You' to myself. happens every time.
LD I will listen out next time I am in Waitrose and I will play 'spot the tune'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-06-2019, 12:33 PM

LD I will listen out next time I am in Waitrose and I will play 'spot the tune'
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:28 PM

I have never used one LD
Same here. Don't like them, don't like self service tills either. They never work for me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 01:31 PM

Which bit does it sound like .....
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2019, 02:30 PM

I love the hand-held scanners!

I hate all the faff at conveyor belts, so being able to pack as I go along is fabulous!
They also give you a running total as well, so you can keep an eye on what you're spending, and sometimes they alert me to a special offer that .I hadn't noticed.

They're the best things ever!

Not sure what you mean by the song, though. Do you mean the sound it makes when it tells you of a special offer?

I'll have to listen to the song, as I'm not sure I know it, unless it's the same as the Flying Pickets' one?

Edit...... yes, same song, and I see what you mean by the doobbly-doop sound, but I wouldn't have said it was that much like the scanner sound!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Which bit does it sound like .....
The bit that goes 'de de de'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-06-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I love the hand-held scanners!

I hate all the faff at conveyor belts, so being able to pack as I go along is fabulous!
They also give you a running total as well, so you can keep an eye on what you're spending, and sometimes they alert me to a special offer that .I hadn't noticed.

They're the best things ever!m

Not sure what you mean by the song, though. Do you mean the sound it makes when it tells you of a special offer?

I'll have to listen to the song, as I'm not sure I know it, unless it's the same as the Flying Pickets' one?

Edit...... yes, same song, and I see what you mean by the doobbly-doop sound, but I wouldn't have said it was that much like the scanner sound!
Where does the doobly doop sound emit from? it could be that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top