Join for free
Page 308 of 370 « First < 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 05:38 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
With keys, shoes, and sunglasses flying, I had to abandon every other pretty place for the sportsplex, where enough softball games were underway that even if the sun set, I could still squeeze in a few miles. That I did.

A tropical storm in the gulf is currently sending occasional rain bands our way, and most delightfully, cool wind gusts that have the trees rustling and clouds marching their way across a blue, blue sky.

By the time the sun slipped behind the giant tufts of pink cotton this evening, my watch had clicked off three miles. It was a beautiful distraction. Though the breeze had me looking like I had been tumbled in a clothes dryer, I brushed it aside repeatedly so I could navigate the scattered holes in the turf that had formed from the floods early last month and were now camouflaged by the lush St. Augustine grass. Hoping and weaving I was able to push through three more miles.

Six miles altogether, no twisted ankles, a fabulous sense of accomplishment, and really, really bad hair.

It's good to be back.
And it's great to have you back in these pages too, Suzie. Six miles of pure joy by the sounds of it there.
Hope all's well with your daughter, btw
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kowhaigirl ->
While I don't exercise daily always begin my day with a light warm up and then a series of stretches.
When I was young I was very suptle and extremely flexible and I don't wish to lose that any time soon, as I believe it goes a long way to helping me get thru the day
That's what it's all about, Kowhaigirl. Keeping yourself fit and supple will ensure that those joints, ligaments and muscles stay in good shape.

Nice to see you in our little thread here, you are among good company with your exercise notes here.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 05:03 AM

Good to hear from everyone! I'm just now back from a dinner party, but my meal and wine had to be earned with a decent run late this afternoon.

The hurricane to the west moved through this morning, but by this afternoon, Mother Nature had swapped out fierce winds and thunderstorms with dead still air and heat and humidity from the oppressive low pressure. I knew it was going to be rough - which turned out to be the understatement of the year! It was nearly 100% humidity and 37ºC.

The first quarter mile is ever hard for me, heart and lungs pounding until they synchronize, until the two-mile mark when it comes much easier. Today, towering tails of clouds from the giant circulation were a fantastic distraction. I splashed my way through soggy grass and watching for a bloom of toads that had come up over the flooded levee.

I was all but melted into a puddle, but my time was not bad, and best of all, I survived!

For miles, every inch hard-earned.

Looking forward to the Sunday report, good luck, all!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's what it's all about, Kowhaigirl. Keeping yourself fit and supple will ensure that those joints, ligaments and muscles stay in good shape.

Nice to see you in our little thread here, you are among good company with your exercise notes here.
Here today, gone tomorrow lol
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
...The first quarter mile is ever hard for me, heart and lungs pounding until they synchronize, until the two-mile mark when it comes much easier...
I find something similar happens in the gym, too. It's sometimes about 30 minutes before everything seems easier somehow and the heart and lungs sort of cooperate with each other. It's a very enjoyable sensation.

I just wish I got the scenic views that you do when I train, as of course I am indoors, but the view outside the windows is completely urban. I love the descriptions you write, concerning what you can see around you, and I also love the descriptions by OGF, too. One of these days I'll be able to run a little bit. My legs are much stronger but it's as if my body has forgotten how to run! My legs feel stilted and awkward if I trot for a bus, and it feels anything but instinctive or natural. It has just struck me, as I type, that maybe a treadmill might be worth trying, building up a bit of practice in being able to trot/jog properly. Hmmm, I shall give that some thought!

Take care, all, and good luck in your training, whatever it is you do.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 10:57 AM

Another nice session yesterday, slightly less arm work but core and lower body about the same as I did on Thursday. The arms were feeling it after the bigger workout I did then, so my arm work totalled 14,810kg yesterday whereas on Thursday I did roughly 2,000+kg more.

I only burnt 650 calories though, which was also a little less than I did the last session. Normally Saturday is my "big" workout, so I had better get cracking this coming week! I'd love to break my record of 910 calories so no more slacking!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-07-2019, 02:53 PM

Suzie - I agree wholeheartedly with Tachyon. Your descriptive posts are always great to read. The effort you put into this outing via the oncoming hurricane is awesome. Many would fail at the first mile I'm sure. Hope it doesn't get too bad this time out there.

Tachyon - You mention like I'm always mentioning the humdrum surroundings of our lifestyle stuck in a hot, sweaty gym. Suzie and Bob's outdoor activities really do put us to shame in the scenic stakes. I'm sure you will eventually be able to jog a little around your urban area if not venture out into the countryside if it's nearby. Me? I'm just both lazy about running and it's the time factor. Hopefully soon there will be an end to my night shifts and I can resume my life.

Sunday 14 July 2019: Legs. 40 mins.
(All weights in kgs)

It’s been a while since my last full legs session and today wasn’t much different. With other things to think about such as my wife being ill, the weather being lovely and my being back at work tonight I really wasn’t in the mood not to mention the boring chore of writing all this out. However, my conscience got the better of me and I put in a pretty decent if shortened session using two key pieces of apparatus. The rest will be done during the week when it can be fitted in.

Sled press:
25x120, 25x140, 25x160, 20x180, 20x200
Then back down the stack reversing the set weights:
15x200, 15x180, 20x160, 25x140, 30x120

Seated ham curl:
25x35, 15x45, 12x55, 8x65, 8x75
Like the sled, back down the stack:
10x60, 14x50, 20x40, 25x35, 30x30

20x150 Incline press half-way high reps to finish.

The incline press, extensions, calf press, lying ham curl, adductor and abductor will be done next workout.

Thanks for reading.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:13 AM

Tachyon, you must be starving after that calorie burn! Impressive. Your mention of core has reminded me that now that surf season is here, I really do need to incorporate more abdominal work into the course of the day.

Floydy, any workout is better than none, just getting out there keeps the momentum going...but, hey, what is this? Ten sets from 120-200? That would have destroyed me. No, I take that back, I wouldn't be able to get the blasted thing to even move Nice job.

I ran only four today. A line of thunderstorms with lethal bolts of lightning cut the whole thing short. It would be a shame to be struck dead before I got to Italy....so....

I quit.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 02:51 PM

Hello from somewhere in the Irish sea, I'm sorry to have neglected this thread while I've been cruising around but poor internet connections have made it very difficult to post, especially photos, so I've restricted my activity on the forum to reports in the travel section. I've now found this comfortable little hideaway in the library and while I tap the keys, Mrs fox can peruse the bookshelves.....

I've not been slacking while cruising, in fact, my last run on dry land was in Southampton the day before we sailed. Having run here on several occasions on the morning of a cruise I reprised a well trodden route out by the bridge, something in the order of five miles.

Along came the Oriana and a surprisingly good running course with a synthetic grass all weather circuit of the upper deck (13) So at Six in the morning with the fresh sea air in my face and a rolling sea adding to variations in undulation, every other day I have completed 30 laps, and at two minutes per lap, it comes out at one hour of running and just over five miles.

Although yesterday wasn't supposed to be a run day, it was my 69th birthday, so what better way to celebrate ones birthday than with a thirty lap traverse of that desolate deck....Just one other runner fleetingly seen on most sessions, with a brief good morning uttered in the chilly morning air.

Although I've not been posting in this thread, I always follow progress and are motivated by your efforts....Well done everyone....see you soon....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-07-2019, 03:01 PM

Smashing post Bob, and I'm so glad you're enjoying your break. Running with that sea air coming at you must be a wonderful experience and a change too from your usual route and the farmer's dog I trust you had a great birthday too

Suzie - Four miles is nothing to be sniffed at. I can't envisage running in that heat like you do, it's a pretty awesome challenge which you manage very successfully. Well done

Thanks for the motivation too. Every little helps when my head's full of life's personal issues. I went to the gym this afternoon but only for a very quick blast on the bench and pec/fly machines so I won't bother writing it up. All went okay though and it puts me in good stead for later in the week when I'm due some heavier work, plus the rest of my legs workout.

Page 308 of 370 « First < 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top