Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 04:23 PM

Re: Scotland the beautiful

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Lovely pictures Longdogs, Richmond and Roxy. Reminds me of when I drove up and down the glens on the west coast in my old Anglia 105E in my young days. I took lots of pictures but it was before digital photography took over.
The West Coast is just so stunning and lots of Wildlife in the ocean to look for too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
Terrific photos, LD - you got a much better shot of the Glenfinnan Viaduct than I was able to achieve. Nice Autumn colours there too
Thanks Richmond. Unfortunately I can't take all the credit for the pic because although it was taken on my camera, it was the person sitting nearest the window that took all the pics for the rest of us in the carriage. As you know, as soon as the viaduct comes into view, it's a mad scramble for the best window.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
The West Coast is just so stunning and lots of Wildlife in the ocean to look for too.
So true, Roxy - I love the West Highlands - stunning.

Thank you for your nice comments Scot37 - there have been some
really beautiful contributions to this topic.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 06:58 PM

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Richmond
United Kingdom

29-07-2019, 07:04 PM

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 07:21 PM

We took Max and ourselves on holiday there a couple of years ago. This from one of our strolls.

Richmond
United Kingdom

29-07-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We took Max and ourselves on holiday there a couple of years ago. This from one of our strolls.

This is so lovely Besoaker -- those reflections are beautiful.

So many great photo ops in Scotland. Nice post.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
This is so lovely Besoaker -- those reflections are beautiful.

So many great photo ops in Scotland. Nice post.
Thank you, Richmond.
I'm a Scotsman. I grew up on a farm near Kirriemuir. So maybe, just maybe, I have a wee bit of a bias.
Richmond
United Kingdom

30-07-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thank you, Richmond.
I'm a Scotsman. I grew up on a farm near Kirriemuir. So maybe, just maybe, I have a wee bit of a bias.
If so, you are entitled to it -- beautiful scenery - awesome at times too.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 09:25 PM

I havn't been back to Scotland since I had a mini van and slept in that way back in my teens. Camped in Glen Nevis and again below the Campsie hills to name but 2 places.

Scotland as I remember was beautiful ,the biggest shock was John O Groats.

I was expecting it to be like Landsend in Cornwall, steep rugged cliffs, but no flat sandy type beach was a real surprise. I went up the 2 years running and did the "sights" and the countryside and have to admit I loved it.

Even saw salmon leaping over watefalls absolutely amazing sight to see.
Even got the car boat over to Skye, no bridge back then

Those photos bring back so many memories, thank you

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top