Join for free
Page 70 of 95 « First < 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 > Last »
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 04:34 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The more I read the more I have to agree, she really sets the scene so simply yet so vividly that you can visualise each scene without a long description. A rare talent.

Her first book, The Dry, I have as an audiobook so I am saving that for my next long trip. I will probably read Force of Nature next as I already have it on my ebook.

It is wonderful to discover a 'new' author that you really enjoy but rather sad when there are only three books available and you know that eventually you will have to wait for the next one - though I guess the anticipation is a bit of a pleasure in itself.
I am so glad I have found anther fan. A couple of weeks I read The Lost Man, the third book I have read by this wonderful author. I hope it won't be long before she publishes another.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 02:54 PM

Have just re-read A Christmas Carol by the prolific author Charles Dickens. I read it many years ago as a paperback - this copy I read on my Kindle. Still a good story no matter what the medium it is written on/in.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:23 AM

I was in Big W on Friday and blow me there was A Force of Nature by Jane Harper for $9 so I bought it.

It is almost impossible to put it down but I have to ration myself because I know that when I have finished this book there is only The Dry left.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:27 AM

Just finished this:
An excellent read from The Who frontman, though it could have been a bit longer.

Next up is this book about famous events in rock music history from journalist David Hepworth:
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 09:56 AM

I am about halfway through The Legacy of Elizabeth Pringle by Kirsty Wark it is immensely readable. I think this is the first of Kirsty Wark's books I've read. I will look for others.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:42 PM

the Bible and I suggest a few of you snarky Atheists need to read it as well. Its a book for all sinners. not just Christian ones.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
the Bible and I suggest a few of you snarky Atheists need to read it as well. Its a book for all sinners. not just Christian ones.
Read it. Big cast of characters but too much gore, racism, genocide, infanticide, sexism, incest, fantasy and delving into the supernatural for my taste.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Read it. Big cast of characters but too much gore, racism, genocide, infanticide, sexism, incest, fantasy and delving into the supernatural for my taste.
Nice one Bruce. I could not say it better myself.
You forgot the fairytales.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 05:11 PM

Books?! I’ve no time for reading books! Too much packing to get done.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 12:50 AM

1000 Years of Annoying the French, an amusing book that debunks various claims made by the French over the centuries. From their assertions of success in wars to their erroneous belief that champagne and croissants are of French origin. They aren't.

Their duplicity is also examined in detail.

Page 70 of 95 « First < 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top