Join for free
Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 01:56 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 02:09 PM

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 02:22 PM

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
And your credentials for giving such advice are??????
Oh yes. NADA. Zip! Zilch. Zero!
Why not let others google for their own advice instead of playing make believe Dr. Realist.
I mean..... get real.

Well said, Bratti.

I think the majority of us are sick to death of the endless posts about the same subject.
No doubt shortly, in the Autumn, it will start all over again, same as it does every single year - it's been done to death!

Same subject.
Same arguments.
Same person.

We at least used to get a break in the summer months, but this year it has gone on the entire summer, too.

How many times do I have to say, for Christ's sake stop trying to interfere with other people's health choices!
Their choice is their own private affair for reasons only they know.

This obsessional behaviour needs to end.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
And your credentials for giving such advice are??????
Oh yes. NADA. Zip! Zilch. Zero!
Why not let others google for their own advice instead of playing make believe Dr. Realist.
I mean..... get real.
This is hugely childish.

It is not MY credentials in question here. I am merely highlighting the facts presented by medical research and studies. You are in error to attempt to cite me as their author.

The links to the studies are all given in other Flu threads

If you want to argue that the Cochrane Institute is without qualification then go ahead. You will make yourself look a complete tool though. They employ 1000s of very highly qualified medical staff and they set the global standards for how medical testing is done. Cochrane is the medical benchmark of independent testing which highlights the bias in other less independent testing.

But this is pointless as if you can't decipher a message from the messenger nor understand who the message is from then this is all beyond you.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 03:29 PM

I don't know why I bother posting on Flu jab threads because i know you will try to dispute what I say.
I only dispute when things are incorrect, factually incorrect.

1) Of course pneumonia kills people because their immune system isn't working well, that was my point! Flu & other illnesses makes people very ill, so when their immune system is overtaxed, an easily acquired infection like pneumonia will be what kills them.
No argument from me there. Illnesses of any kind stress the immune system, sap resources and leave you vulnerable until your body can recuperate and resupply itself with those lost resources. But none of this has any bearing on the flu vaccine. Except that, as I stated, having the flu shot does exactly that, it stresses your immune system, saps valuable resources and leaves you vulnerable for a period. I wonder how many elderly people get their flu shots, stress their immune system in so doing and then subsequently pick up a virus going round and suffer very badly from it? And in how many of those cases is it Pneumonia that they get and die from it?

2) Many of the members on here take medication, and without those medications, which are researched & manufactured by Pharmaceutical companies, some may have become very ill or even died without them. There would be no medicines if Pharma didn't research and manufacture them! I certainly wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for the work the pharmaceutical companies do. Don't knock them because one day it may be you that needs their help!
And again this is generic and not pertaining to the flu vaccine. It's silly to equate the flu vaccine with every other form of medical treatment or drug.

I think we are all sick of hearing flu jab arguments, so I am going to ignore them in future. The members on here are intelligent enough do their own research & make the right decisions for themselves!
Patently untrue sadly. I mean you yourself in your post stated that you have the Flu vaccine so you don't spread Flu to your family or kids. If you HAD done your research you'd know that having the flu shot means you will spread Flu around 6 times more than those who don't have the slu shot.

That's what these threads are about. Presenting the facts so people can make more informed decisions.

It's odd that so many people get uppity about it all. Facts are good, research is good. Good for you, me, everyone. We need more facts because the medical industry and NHS are NOT giving the facts to us and are simply using conditioning and fear tactics to pressure us into making bad decisions for our health.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-08-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How many times do I have to say, for Christ's sake stop trying to interfere with other people's health choices!
Their choice is their own private affair for reasons only they know.
You can say as many times as you like but it washes off me like water on a duck's back. We are debating the flu vaccine. Simple as. Nobody is interfering with other people's health choices. Information is being brought to the table for people to consider, good facts, independent research, government ONS statistics, relevant studies and so on. It helps us make more infomed decisions about our health.

You hate this topic, you hate the debate yet you rant in each and every Flu thread. Go figure !

Either way, please stop trying to suppress information and knowledge through such insults and abuse.

If you don't like the facts being presented, don't read/follow the thread.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You can say as many times as you like but it washes off me like water on a duck's back. We are debating the flu vaccine. Simple as. Nobody is interfering with other people's health choices. Information is being brought to the table for people to consider, good facts, independent research, government ONS statistics, relevant studies and so on. It helps us make more infomed decisions about our health.

You hate this topic, you hate the debate yet you rant in each and every Flu thread. Go figure !

Either way, please stop trying to suppress information and knowledge through such insults and abuse.

If you don't like the facts being presented, don't read/follow the thread.

I am NOT trying to 'supress information' as you so ridiculously state. I am merely asking you to put a flamin' sock in it!

And DO NOT try to tell me what I can or cannot read or comment on either.
I will do what I want - like it or lump it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is hugely childish.

It is not MY credentials in question here. I am merely highlighting the facts presented by medical research and studies. You are in error to attempt to cite me as their author.

The links to the studies are all given in other Flu threads

If you want to argue that the Cochrane Institute is without qualification then go ahead. You will make yourself look a complete tool though. They employ 1000s of very highly qualified medical staff and they set the global standards for how medical testing is done. Cochrane is the medical benchmark or independent testing which highlights the bias in other less independent testing.

But this is pointless as if you can't decipher a message from the messenger nor understand who the message is from then this is all beyond you.
nobody can question credentials that do not exist!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-08-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And DO NOT try to tell me what I can or cannot read or comment on either.
I will do what I want - like it or lump it.

Oh the irony !

Originally Posted by Mups
How many times do I have to say, for Christ's sake stop trying to interfere with other people's health choices! Their choice is their own private affair for reasons only they know. This obsessional behaviour needs to end.
YOU can not tell me what to post. Get used to it and stop making a scene of yourself.

Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top