Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 11:37 PM

Re: Hospital acquired Infections

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Best to stay out of hospital if at all possible.
I totally agree. I wonder whether other developed countries have the same rates of hospital infection as we do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I totally agree. I wonder whether other developed countries have the same rates of hospital infection as we do.

Yes, that would be interesting to know, Annie.

It also makes me wonder how the people who actually work in these places get on.
Are they carrying possible infections home to their families each day?
Do they ever get ill themselves from things they have picked up at their workplace?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that would be interesting to know, Annie.

It also makes me wonder how the people who actually work in these places get on.
Are they carrying possible infections home to their families each day?
Do they ever get ill themselves from things they have picked up at their workplace?
These infections are only dangerous if you are in a vulnerable condition. A certain percentage of the population carry MRSA in their nose every day. It doesn't harm them.
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 08:04 AM

My friend a few years ago died of C. difficile, she went in to hospital with kidney problems and got C. difficile. She had her bowl removed and Collen, was in I C U for weeks. When they where removing the breathing tube from her mouth the young nurse doing it for first time slit her throat she drowned in her own blood. Her children had a privet post-mortem, because hospital said it was kidney failure, the slitting of throat killed her followed by C. difficile.
I have a real fear of going into hospital even before this happened.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ethel ->
My friend a few years ago died of C. difficile, she went in to hospital with kidney problems and got C. difficile. She had her bowl removed and Collen, was in I C U for weeks. When they where removing the breathing tube from her mouth the young nurse doing it for first time slit her throat she drowned in her own blood. Her children had a privet post-mortem, because hospital said it was kidney failure, the slitting of throat killed her followed by C. difficile.
I have a real fear of going into hospital even before this happened.
I'm not surprised Ethel, what a terrible thing to happen.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:14 PM

Both my parents died of MRSA at two different hospitals and many years apart.
Both were recovering well from what they were admitted into hospital for.

I knew there was something wrong when l went to visit my mother. She wasn’t in her bed and l was asked to put on a plastic apron, plastic gloves and a plastic cap.
I was then led to an isolation ward where my mother had been transferred to. The skin on her body was swollen, her hands were so swollen they had to cut her ring off her finger. She died soon after.

Some years later, l went to visit my dad at another hospital. He had recovered well from his operation but he was swollen with tubes coming out of his nose.
I found the nurse in charge of the ward and asked her if my dad had MRSA. She said, yes. He also died soon after.

They didn’t state MRSA on either of my parent’s death certificates.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Both my parents died of MRSA at two different hospitals and many years apart.
Both were recovering well from what they were admitted into hospital for.

I knew there was something wrong when l went to visit my mother. She wasn’t in her bed and l was asked to put on a plastic apron, plastic gloves and a plastic cap.
I was then led to an isolation ward where my mother had been transferred to. The skin on her body was swollen, her hands were so swollen they had to cut her ring off her finger. She died soon after.

Some years later, l went to visit my dad at another hospital. He had recovered well from his operation but he was swollen with tubes coming out of his nose.
I found the nurse in charge of the ward and asked her if my dad had MRSA. She said, yes. He also died soon after.

They didn’t state MRSA on either of my parent’s death certificates.

That's awful, Art.

How do these people get away with not putting the truth on death certificates I wonder?
That should be an offence!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:24 PM

That's awful, Art.

How do these people get away with not putting the truth on death certificates I wonder?
That should be an offence!
Mups, Do you really think they would put MRSA on a death certificate? No they wouldn’t, as then they would be held responsible and probably sued.
They put kidney failure and something else on both death certificates.

I didn’t pursue it on either occasion. You are up against a huge organisation and would have to endure a process that could take years and years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-09-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, Do you really think they would put MRSA on a death certificate? No they wouldn’t, as then they would be held responsible and probably sued.
They put kidney failure and something else on both death certificates.

I didn’t pursue it on either occasion. You are up against a huge organisation and would have to endure a process that could take years and years.

Unfortunately, that is true.
Sorry for your loss in such a way though.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-09-2019, 10:45 PM

Unfortunately, that is true.
Sorry for your loss in such a way though.
Thank You. It was a while ago now. My mother died in 1996, she was 82 and my dad died in 2002, he was 79.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top