Join for free
Page 326 of 370 « First < 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 12:16 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Thanks OGF. I'm due an ECG test today, purely precautionary as regards the breathing problem caused by the virus, so I suppose that will give me the definitive info on the current state of my heart. A stethoscope can only go so far, heh. I hope it says things HAVE actually improved!
Funny you should mention your breathing problems could possibly be a result of the virus....
Although I haven't had breathing problems, the average times for my five mile runs have increased considerably, and a check through my journal shows that I haven't run properly since what I thought was a bad head cold back in mid September. I was getting a bit worried, but I wonder if it was indeed a virus and has had a more lasting effect that I thought...

Good luck with the ECG Tachyon....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 05:38 PM

Yes, the symptoms do appear to remind me of when I last had that damn virus too.

The ECG was good - it naturally showed old damage from a heart attack but it was working very well all the same. I really hope I can train lightly on Saturday, sigh.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Yes, the symptoms do appear to remind me of when I last had that damn virus too.

The ECG was good - it naturally showed old damage from a heart attack but it was working very well all the same. I really hope I can train lightly on Saturday, sigh.
Good result Tachyon, enjoy your workout on Saturday.
It's my rest day tomorrow but will be stretching the legs again on Sunday....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-10-2019, 12:44 PM

Sunday has come round quickly and I found myself out on the road before first light. At this time of year it's one of the pleasures of running, watching the night turn into day while out on the road with heightened senses.....It's always a bit of a guess what to wear on these dark mornings not being able to see the sky, running shoes and shorts are always a given, but the upper body must be kept warm and dry if a unique outdoor experience is to be enjoyed.

Sunday runs these days are not a foregone conclusion like they used to be, it could be six or eight miles depending on how I feel once warmed up (usually after a couple of miles) this would never had been a choice in the past....fifteen miles or even twenty plus would have been decided at the beginning of the year, depending on which race I had signed up for.

Although I said the decision would be made out on the road, unless I was in severe discomfort it would invariably be an eight, and this morning was no different. I felt good as I reached the three mile point where the decision had to be made, and I just automatically took the long route...

It felt like the old days as my pace was so comfortable and easy, just like Surfermom on her previous run I was in the groove and could have sustained that pace for the rest of Sunday....Unfortunately it wasn't possible to run into infinity this morning so I was satisfied with the eight miles and a hot shower before Mrs Fox required my services for the list of jobs she no doubt had ready for me upon my return....
One of the best runs of the year though.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 06:41 PM

That's a fantastic account, OGF, and it's always a pleasure to hear that you have had an enjoyable run. Even better that it was one of your best!

I've been to Kansas and back, collecting a round of stomach flu en route that now has me finally, thankfully back home in my own bed and under a mountain of comforters and pillows. I currently look like something out of a zombie apocalypse with lip gloss and reading glasses .

For now, the only waves I am surfing are those of nausea, chills, and scattered bouts of flinging the bedding to the sky with perspiration.

And thus ends today's daily exercise report.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's a fantastic account, OGF, and it's always a pleasure to hear that you have had an enjoyable run. Even better that it was one of your best!

I've been to Kansas and back, collecting a round of stomach flu en route that now has me finally, thankfully back home in my own bed and under a mountain of comforters and pillows. I currently look like something out of a zombie apocalypse with lip gloss and reading glasses .

For now, the only waves I am surfing are those of nausea, chills, and scattered bouts of flinging the bedding to the sky with perspiration.

And thus ends today's daily exercise report.
Sorry to hear you are unwell Surfermom

I hope you'll feel better soon.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Aw...That's bad news Surfermom, take good care of yourself and I'm glad you are safely back home. There is no place as good as your own home when you're not feeling good....Try a Hug... Hope it helps.....

I visited the doctors this morning to hear the results of my recent blood tests.
Tiredness is becoming a worry.
Apparently my Iron and vit 'B' are fine, as are most of the other things they test for. However, one particular test for Kidney Function was outside the normal range but was expected.

The aspirin and ramipril that I take daily do have an effect, but was told that kidneys deteriorate with age and it was nothing to worry about as the deterioration has not progressed since the last test in 2017.

She did mention that she doesn't see many seventy year old runners in her surgery.....And perhaps I should be taking things a little easier now.....
Doctors!...........What do they know anyway.....
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 09:04 PM

I get up and put clothes on. When I catch my breath, I curl a cup of coffee ten to twenty times, then take a nap. After the nap, I push myself up, I get up and get something to eat from one of the three main food groups, sugar, salt or fat. After that I take another nap, but sometimes I dream about running. After that nap, it is time to cook supper, that is the most effort of the day. If I don't' cook supper, then I have to wrestle my wife when she gets home from work, and she usually wins....

So I do curls, set-ups and I run and wrestle.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-10-2019, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I get up and put clothes on. When I catch my breath, I curl a cup of coffee ten to twenty times, then take a nap. After the nap, I push myself up, I get up and get something to eat from one of the three main food groups, sugar, salt or fat. After that I take another nap, but sometimes I dream about running. After that nap, it is time to cook supper, that is the most effort of the day. If I don't' cook supper, then I have to wrestle my wife when she gets home from work, and she usually wins....

So I do curls, set-ups and I run and wrestle.
Impressive workout Savvy.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 09:29 PM

Savvy, thank you for the exercise report. It gave me a good tickle on an otherwise gloomy day.

Mags you are so thoughtful. Thank you! I suppose a few days of taking it easy will take care of it, and a little illness is always good for reminding me to be grateful for every single healthy day.

OGF, thanks for the hug. Just don't squeeze too hard . While you must be quite happy about the test results - you still don't have any answers! Any theories? Sleep changes? Too much caffeine? I know that our hearts are less efficient as we age. Do you think it's that? It's a mystery for sure.

Page 326 of 370 « First < 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top