Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:56 AM

Re: Christmas adverts.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Once again, the John Lewis Ad this year, is reported to have cost around £7M. As clever as the Ad is, I would have preferred a message on screen saying that JL had donated £7M to charities for the homeless.
Dongles - is that the one with the little green dragon?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I hadn't seen this year's advert but have now. Very cleverly done, a lot of work must have gone into producing it. Some very expressive looks from the young girl too:

https://www.johnlewis.com/content/christmas-advert

In checking this out I also found some from previous years which may be of interest:

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2019/11...ty-the-penguin
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 06:29 PM

Co op ( great music)

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yes that's the one. Very nice but it doesn't exactly say Christmas apart from a Christmas pudding.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In this country homelessness is very badly defined and rough sleeping is a choice not a necessity.
So you keep saying Todger but whatever the reasons, it happens. It could happen to me or possibly you but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 07:13 AM

But could it?
Most people are not drug addicts or with severe mental issues .
Most people have some family member who will try to look out for them .
Although in some cases of people on the street they have rejected help or have become too difficult for the family to cope with.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So you keep saying Todger but whatever the reasons, it happens. It could happen to me or possibly you but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
ALL they need do is abide by the rules, spend the tax payers money on what it is provided for, and living al fresco is no longer a necessity.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But could it?
Most people are not drug addicts or with severe mental issues .
Most people have some family member who will try to look out for them .
Although in some cases of people on the street they have rejected help or have become too difficult for the family to cope with.
The vagrancy act is still on the statute books. It should be used. Set up special vagrant camps where they can be de-toxed, cold turkey works and costs little, dried out, and given shelter while they are re-educated.

That's a spend that I would be happy to see, it would probably be cost-neutral owing to the savings of money hand outs they currently get.

In other cases where the basis is lunacy of some form then the obvious answer is the return of long term secure detention as used to provided by lunatic asylums.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 11:37 AM

Re: Christmas songs. Since a significant number of people in the UK don't seem to understand that Christmas is a religious festival, or indeed may find it offensive to focus on a specific religion other than their own, it makes sense to limit any reference to this aspect in a holistic advert.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-12-2019, 11:42 PM

Apparently not everyone is happy with this year's John Lewis ad, forcing them to give an apology.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...edgar-17264682

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top