Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 01:44 PM

Austria Anyone?

Hi

I am a stickler for beautiful scenery and I have to say Austria looks so beautiful.

I love holidays in the Sun and warmth but I'm not sure what it would be like in Austria in June which is when we plan on having our first holiday this year.

Has anyone ever been to Austria, if so I would love to hear your experience.

I don't know anyone who has ever been to Austria, for European holidays it's usually Spain, Greece, Italy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 04:11 PM

Re: Austria Anyone?

Hi

Austria is beautiful, but stupidly expensive.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 04:31 PM

My cousin said exactly the same - especially so in Vienna.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 05:03 PM

I have been to Austria twice.Would love to go again but age says otherwise. We stayed at Bruk and Zelenzee in the western Tyrol.
Innsbruck and Salzburg are beautiful places but get very overcrowded during the summer months.
You go and I'm sure you will love it. The scenery among the mountainous area is awe inspiring and takes your breath away.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 06:50 PM

This link will give you an idea of the temperatures in Austria in June, LQ...

https://www.weather2travel.com/june/austria/
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 06:57 PM

Loved Austria and will never forget it .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 11:13 PM

I stayed in Mayrhofen for a week when I was a teenager. It is still probably the prettiest place I have seen, blue rivers, lush green grass and wooden chalet houses with bright red flower boxes. We went in August and had lovely warm weather.

We also ventured up to the top of the Hintertux Glacier which was very cold but beautiful.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 12:22 AM

Ask yourself, "Do they have koalas?"
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Ask yourself, "Do they have koalas?"
I see you sneaking an extra "al" in there, Bruce.

LQ, while not Austria anymore, I spent a week in southern Tyrol in Italy this summer, and it was beyond-description-beautiful! It was August and the temps were perfect. It was undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. You might want to check for rain in the mountain regions during June.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top