Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:33 PM

New theory on big bang!

Apparently there is a new theory of how the universe and galaxies
formed?
I have long thought that maybe it was possible that the universe
is a recurring ' event ' . Where the universe consists of widely
spaced particles which are like a homogenous jelly, in which over
time, the particles gradually coalescue due to molecular cohesion
to form larger groups of particles which eventually become large
enough to create a gravity field strong enough to cause the particles
to compress themselves into eventually what we have now untill
some of them become so dense they form black holes which then
suck in whole systems untill the pressure becomes so intense it
then becomes the only thing left in the universe which keeps on
compressing till it explodes as the next big bang!
This then repeats ad infinitum?
Due to the infinite space available several of these 'events' could be
occurring at the same time, although at differing stages of
development?
This theory of mine sounds very like what is being proposed now?
Are there any boffins out there that can destroy my ideas??

Donkeyman!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:42 PM

Re: New theory on big bang!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Apparently there is a new theory of how the universe and galaxies
formed?
I have long thought that maybe it was possible that the universe
is a recurring ' event ' . Where the universe consists of widely
spaced particles which are like a homogenous jelly, in which over
time, the particles gradually coalescue due to molecular cohesion
to form larger groups of particles which eventually become large
enough to create a gravity field strong enough to cause the particles
to compress themselves into eventually what we have now (so far so good)

untill
some of them become so dense they form black holes which then
suck in whole systems untill the pressure becomes so intense it
then becomes the only thing left in the universe which keeps on
compressing till it explodes as the next big bang!

This then repeats ad infinitum?
Due to the infinite space available several of these 'events' could be
occurring at the same time, although at differing stages of
development?
This theory of mine sounds very like what is being proposed now?
Are there any boffins out there that can destroy my ideas??

Donkeyman!
Not a Boffin Donkeyman but find this an interesting subject.
It would appear that there is no 'big bang' and that particles are attracted to each other and over time grow into planet size entities. What I don't understand if this new theory is correct, at what point do the newly formed planets stop attracting more matter?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It would appear that there is no 'big bang' and that particles are attracted to each other and over time grow into planet size entities.
Or black hole sized entities OGF, Thats what l was trying to explain?
But l believe the big bang occurrs again and again as the particles
eventually get together so tightly they cause the next big bang
Which disperses the particles again to restart the process?
Something like a flickering flourescent light?

Donkeyman!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:59 PM

Apparently no 'big bang' donkeyman, and more gentle expansion of matter....

Scientists say they have "decisively" overturned the prevailing theory of how planets in our Solar System formed.

The established view is that material violently crashed together to form ever larger clumps until they became worlds.

New results suggest the process was less catastrophic - with matter gently clumping together instead.

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 10:02 PM

Sounds as good as any theory.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 10:25 PM

Yours sounds good DM!
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It would appear that there is no 'big bang' and that particles are attracted to each other and over time grow into planet size entities. What I don't understand if this new theory is correct, at what point do the newly formed planets stop attracting more matter?
They don't. But after a while they absorb the biggest parts of what is in their orbit and the growth slows. It is like they sweep the area of space that their orbit and gravity provides them.

sometimes time you see a "falling star" you are seeing a little more matter added to the earth, other times the debris just skips off the atmosphere and goes off looking for another place to call home. Over vast periods of time, a little here and there really adds up. It is something like compound interest.

The recurring cycle of universe formation, growth and destruction seems reasonable enough with our present level of knowledge. I just wonder that when it is all sucked into the black hole to be regurgitated later, do we get a new god in the process?

It really doesn't matter a lot to me personally, I will probably be too old to care when the universe finally collapses the next time.

There are some theories that if, or when, the expansion ends and the collapse begins, time will run in reverse. That means I will be resurrected, grow from old to young. There will be some changes when I go back through my 20s! I plan to do a lot more drugs and attend a lot more orgies than I did this time.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 06:54 AM

Yours is a theory that is not unreasonable and has had some serious study, Donkeyman. Of late, and one of Hawking's last published ideas is that there are many universes and that there was no big bang that can be traced backwards in time because time might not be the proper way to consider the universe. It is, after all a construct that we created to explain direction more than anything else.

Things to contemplate:
Measurements suggest that space is still expanding and at a faster rate. Weird when you think about it.
Most objects are too small to ever be affected by black holes or to coalesce.
If objects were to reach a maximum inflation point, would it just slow to zero expansion or start collapsing? If so, we don't know anything that could start that event and there is nothing gravitational that would drive that. Does a collapse of space suggest that time could go backwards?

So if if you follow your theory down that mental road, Donkeyman, accepting for now that that space and time are interdependent, if you have a universe that folds over in on itself and mixes together, what would that do to time?

Really good stuff to mull over. I tend to think that our thinking is too clouded by our inclination to infuse time and space into almost every theory we have about the universe.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-02-2020, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Yours is a theory that is not unreasonable and has had some serious study, Donkeyman. Of late, and one of Hawking's last published ideas is that there are many universes and that there was no big bang that can be traced backwards in time because time might not be the proper way to consider the universe. It is, after all a construct that we created to explain direction more than anything else.

Things to contemplate:
Measurements suggest that space is still expanding and at a faster rate. Weird when you think about it.
Most objects are too small to ever be affected by black holes or to coalesce.
If objects were to reach a maximum inflation point, would it just slow to zero expansion or start collapsing? If so, we don't know anything that could start that event and there is nothing gravitational that would drive that. Does a collapse of space suggest that time could go backwards?

So if if you follow your theory down that mental road, Donkeyman, accepting for now that that space and time are interdependent, if you have a universe that folds over in on itself and mixes together, what would that do to time?

Really good stuff to mull over. I tend to think that our thinking is too clouded by our inclination to infuse time and space into almost every theory we have about the universe.
Yes , from what you say SM, 'my' theory has allready been promulgated by scientists,(allthough l was not aware of them)
But l have a couple of questions which puzzle me about the solar
system which seem to throw a spanner in the works so to speak?
1; why do the planets travel around the sun in the same plane?
2; time does not exist, there is only a sequence of events, therefore
the universe is just a recurring event?
3; the big bang was not an explosion but a ' slow ' moving event
spanning billions of our 'years which is still happening as we speak?
I think there is some merit in this recurring theory but it needs some
more info which we may soon be obtaining from our probes and
radio telescopes etc??
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-02-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
They don't. But after a while they absorb the biggest parts of what is in their orbit and the growth slows. It is like they sweep the area of space that their orbit and gravity provides them.

sometimes time you see a "falling star" you are seeing a little more matter added to the earth, other times the debris just skips off the atmosphere and goes off looking for another place to call home. Over vast periods of time, a little here and there really adds up. It is something like compound interest.

The recurring cycle of universe formation, growth and destruction seems reasonable enough with our present level of knowledge. I just wonder that when it is all sucked into the black hole to be regurgitated later, do we get a new god in the process?

It really doesn't matter a lot to me personally, I will probably be too old to care when the universe finally collapses the next time.

There are some theories that if, or when, the expansion ends and the collapse begins, time will run in reverse. That means I will be resurrected, grow from old to young. There will be some changes when I go back through my 20s! I plan to do a lot more drugs and attend a lot more orgies than I did this time.
If that thought gives you comfort Savvy, ok! But l think humans only
have these thought because we cant accept the thought that we
are insignificant and expendable?
However the idea that ' time' can run backwards is a very interesting
concept, the way l see it is that if we travel faster than the speed of
light we will eventually catch up with the images we projected in
previous years, but whether those images will be tangible l doubt?
Its very interesting though isnt it??
Donkeyman!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top