Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 06:37 PM

Re: Landscaping my garden

The first is the east - right hand side - which I'm planning to widen the flower beds and maybe replace the grass with artifical turf.

The second is behind the first photo - showing greenhouse and patio.

The third - showing the arch - is towards the back where there's a circular space (used to site an observatory). Also paths left to the shed and right to a small area I've planted with raspberries and currents and another entrance to the nature reserve.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200324_160819480.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	12005   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200324_160843735.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	12006   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200324_160903467.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	12007  
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Lindy your garden looks pretty good already mine is pretty bare I need a design .
Thanks Muddy but my garden also needs a design.......and I'd like to do away with the fence!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 06:42 PM

No suggestions here Lindy, I just wanted to say how lovely your garden is.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-03-2020, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No suggestions here Lindy, I just wanted to say how lovely your garden is.
Thanks Mags. It would look so much better without the electric fence wouldn't it? But I don't want to go back to repairing damage every few days or chasing badgers at 3 am. A badger once tried to get into the house through the cat flap - it ran off and tore down some slats on a fence panel in it's panic to get away from the mad looking woman running after it!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Thanks Mags. It would look so much better without the electric fence wouldn't it? But I don't want to go back to repairing damage every few days or chasing badgers at 3 am. A badger once tried to get into the house through the cat flap - it ran off and tore down some slats on a fence panel in it's panic to get away from the mad looking woman running after it!!!

I have an amazing picture in my mind
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:14 PM

Instead of replacing the grass with artificial which I have myself but think it would be pointless with your badgers you may find they take it up to get to the worms underneath etc. How about a stone circle and increase the borders around it put something like a feature on the stone circle a nice pot with specimen plant or an ornament
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:14 PM

If you are thinking gravel for the path then use small sleepers to stop the slip but I would consider bound gravel like you see on park paths stately homes where it does not kick up/move
You could even consider this for where you want rid of the lawn.
Just google resin bound gravel to get an idea. Can do any shape or surface may be exactly what you are looking for to bring the areas together.
Kazz
West Mids

24-03-2020, 09:18 PM

You have a fantastic garden by the way and just a point my Aunt and Uncle had their borders widened 10 years ago but last year had the grass put back and borders narrowed to make it easier i.e. just mow
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-03-2020, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Instead of replacing the grass with artificial which I have myself but think it would be pointless with your badgers you may find they take it up to get to the worms underneath etc. How about a stone circle and increase the borders around it put something like a feature on the stone circle a nice pot with specimen plant or an ornament
Good point about the artificial grass - I'll have to make enquiries about that. The stone circle is also good, but if I leave the grass, that's effectively increasing the work as I'd have to mow around the circle! The other point is that piece of grass gets the last rays of sunshine in the summer evenings - I often move my patio chair down there to get the rays!
Lindyloo
isle of wight

24-03-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
If you are thinking gravel for the path then use small sleepers to stop the slip but I would consider bound gravel like you see on park paths stately homes where it does not kick up/move
You could even consider this for where you want rid of the lawn.
Just google resin bound gravel to get an idea. Can do any shape or surface may be exactly what you are looking for to bring the areas together.
Thanks Kazz - I'll take a look at that.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top