Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 09:52 PM

It has to be said

Well, I've been a member on lots of forums over the years, and abandoned most of them, it has to be said however that this is one of the friendliest I've been on.
No nastiness, no points scoring and nobody trying to be a smart arse, the amount of topics is both wide and varied, which is excellent, there's lots of humour too, very important in these uncertain times,a bit of fun or an interesting comment can make the world of difference to a lot of people, I know a few years ago when I was ill with PTSD and couldn't face the real world forums were my lifeline. I post mainly about things I've encountered in my career, either in engineering, or my time with the emergency services, I hope some of you enjoy reading about them as much as I enjoy reading about your exploits, at the end of the day, if we all hang together and have a laugh hopefully we'll all get through this.
Best Wishes, Phil
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:05 PM

Re: It has to be said

Lovely post, Phil, and welcome.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:05 PM

We are a friendly & helpful lot on here, enjoy the forum Sparky.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:09 PM

To be fair we do get our fair share of 'arguments' going on in here as we are like a big family in here. We all take each other for who we are, that we are all different and the spats are soon forgotten.

Meg and Mags do a fabulous job of keeping our forum running smoothly and the offending ones will get reprimanded and rightly so.

For the most part this is a really friendly forum hence why I've stuck around. I too haven't found a forum as nice as this place.

We all have a lot of respect for peoples opinions even if we don't always agree.

There have been times when I've wanted to take time out but I never stay away long, I have made far too many friends here and have become fond of most. Even the ones I don't agree with most of the time LOL. As I say, it takes all sorts to make a world, different personalities make it all the more interesting.

I hope you are going to stick around for a long time, you seem to me to be a real friendly person.

~Stay Safe~

The Lion Queen
x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We are a friendly & helpful lot on here, enjoy the forum Sparky.
Don't tell fibs Tiff! When I asked you to go the supermarket for my shopping you said no!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
Well, I've been a member on lots of forums over the years, and abandoned most of them, it has to be said however that this is one of the friendliest I've been on.
No nastiness, no points scoring and nobody trying to be a smart arse, the amount of topics is both wide and varied, which is excellent, there's lots of humour too, very important in these uncertain times,a bit of fun or an interesting comment can make the world of difference to a lot of people, I know a few years ago when I was ill with PTSD and couldn't face the real world forums were my lifeline. I post mainly about things I've encountered in my career, either in engineering, or my time with the emergency services, I hope some of you enjoy reading about them as much as I enjoy reading about your exploits, at the end of the day, if we all hang together and have a laugh hopefully we'll all get through this.
Best Wishes, Phil
Give it time
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:34 PM

Aww that's nice sparky . It really is a nice group and we have interesting chats. I enjoy the companionship and even more so these last days . Hope you enjoy your stay
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
To be fair we do get our fair share of 'arguments' going on in here as we are like a big family in here. We all take each other for who we are, that we are all different and the spats are soon forgotten.

Meg and Mags do a fabulous job of keeping our forum running smoothly and the offending ones will get reprimanded and rightly so.

For the most part this is a really friendly forum hence why I've stuck around. I too haven't found a forum as nice as this place.

We all have a lot of respect for peoples opinions even if we don't always agree.

There have been times when I've wanted to take time out but I never stay away long, I have made far too many friends here and have become fond of most. Even the ones I don't agree with most of the time LOL. As I say, it takes all sorts to make a world, different personalities make it all the more interesting.

I hope you are going to stick around for a long time, you seem to me to be a real friendly person.

~Stay Safe~

The Lion Queen
x
Crawler .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

25-03-2020, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Crawler .
Oh no, you noticed, was it that obvious

Good Evening our Judd
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 11:03 PM

Hi Phil.
Where’s Elizabeth? Sitting six feet away?
I hope your son Charles soon gets better?

Well you did say, you liked a laugh!

I used to have a pet chicken that l got off the rag and bone man when l was about 13. I called him Sparky!
Unfortunately, he flew over the fence, into our neighbour’s garden and their Alsatian killed him.

I am pleased you like this forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top