Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 08:41 PM

Please Sign My Petition

I have a friend who is a district nurse and she has been very upset at the fact no masks were given to her and her colleagues.

She nurses the elderly and vulnerable in their own homes and is very worried about possibly catching the virus and also worrying that she may be carrying the virus which the vulnerable could quite easily catch.

They haven't tested her or her colleagues to see if they are in the clear so I think it's vital they have as much protection as possible.

Masks arrived today but only 2 boxes to share between them all, I'm not sure how many were in a box but they have been told to only wear the masks if a patient is showing symptoms of a cough and fever.

They were warned that if they wear them masks where no symptoms are present then they will be disciplined.

I think it's disgusting. These people do a marvellous job and are going out risking their own lives to help people but without being able to wear masks for each visit is also jeopardizing the health of these vulnerable people.

I was so shocked and upset for my friend I have decided to start a petition to try ensure they can have the equipment needed.

I would be so grateful if you could sign the petition. It may not help but if enough people sign it, who know, it may.

I just wanted to help my friend out, I'm frightened for her.

Stay safe all.

https://www.change.org/p/nhs-more-ma...virus-pandemic
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 07:24 AM

Re: Please Sign My Petition

Signed.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 08:20 AM

The global demand for equipment is unprecedented. The government is pulling out all the stops to acquire more, but you can't just magic this stuff up in an instant. Give'em a break, they are working on it....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 08:27 AM

Hi

A complete waste of time.

We do not have the capacity to produce more.

I have a stash of them, not even allowed to use them for my son.

Sod that for a game of Marbles

So many on this site who whinge about those of us us who have put their lives on the line and complain about our Pensions.

They can sod off.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A complete waste of time.

We do not have the capacity to produce more.

I have a stash of them, not even allowed to use them for my son.

Sod that for a game of Marbles

So many on this site who whinge about those of us us who have put their lives on the line and complain about our Pensions.

They can sod off.
Who says not, Swimmy? Surely you can do as you like with your own masks?

Who's to know anyway? They are not doing house to house searches ... yet!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The global demand for equipment is unprecedented. The government is pulling out all the stops to acquire more, but you can't just magic this stuff up in an instant. Give'em a break, they are working on it....
Wow, thats me told. Forgive me for trying to help.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Wow, thats me told. Forgive me for trying to help.
Merely a personal opinion LQ, same as yours is. No personal slight intended.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have a friend who is a district nurse and she has been very upset at the fact no masks were given to her and her colleagues.

She nurses the elderly and vulnerable in their own homes and is very worried about possibly catching the virus and also worrying that she may be carrying the virus which the vulnerable could quite easily catch.

They haven't tested her or her colleagues to see if they are in the clear so I think it's vital they have as much protection as possible.

Masks arrived today but only 2 boxes to share between them all, I'm not sure how many were in a box but they have been told to only wear the masks if a patient is showing symptoms of a cough and fever.

They were warned that if they wear them masks where no symptoms are present then they will be disciplined.

I think it's disgusting. These people do a marvellous job and are going out risking their own lives to help people but without being able to wear masks for each visit is also jeopardizing the health of these vulnerable people.

I was so shocked and upset for my friend I have decided to start a petition to try ensure they can have the equipment needed.

I would be so grateful if you could sign the petition. It may not help but if enough people sign it, who know, it may.

I just wanted to help my friend out, I'm frightened for her.

Stay safe all.

https://www.change.org/p/nhs-more-ma...virus-pandemic
I fully sympathise and agree with you,my wife works in the NHS, she's an appointments clerk, last week one of her colleagues had to go home to pick up her son from school, he was displaying symptoms of corona virus. She rang work to tell them this and her boss told her to come to work as normal the following day! This only changed after complaints from other members of staff, despite clear instructions from the government a lot of these are being ignored by NHS bosses.
They were all given face masks,but her boss told them not to wear them in public areas in case they frightened the patients, also the sign telling you not to enter the building if you had any symptoms was inside the building, in case it blew over in the wind!
The latest one is that since they're cancelling all non urgent work they've told the clerical staff that they will be transferred to other hospitals to work in other departments, such as cleaning, working in A&E, etc, all stuff that involves increased risk, and for no extra money! I've told my wife she isn't doing it, she suffers from bronchial asthma in winter, so she's in an at risk group already, plus while it does say in her contract that she can be sent to other hospitals, it doesn't say anything about her doing non-clerical jobs.
This virus is like a gift from the gods to our government, it has untold advantages, it will kill off a large number of the sick and elderly, we've already seen panic buying, so more sales, so more tax gets paid, it's same old same old once again. Boris was on telly last night saying there are tough times ahead, and looking it it they're going to be tougher for the poorer people once again,just like the austerity crap.We, the common folk suffer, while the wealthy carry on as normal.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:40 AM

Masks needs to fit properly to your face. Without a sealed fit, no protection.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Masks needs to fit properly to your face. Without a sealed fit, no protection.
Definately, and a lot of these masks wouldn't protect you anyway, they're the wrong type. I think the thing is that people are just feeling abandoned, ok, a lot of people won't know which masks work and which don't, and those that do will probably feel better with any mask, rather than none at all, it's a psychological thing I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top