Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:21 PM

Re: One Loaf of Bread Left.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You can go out on foot or cycle for exercise once everyday Zuleika, but avoid other people and observe the 2 metre rule.

You are allowed to visit the shops for essential items, food and medicines, but again, observe the 2 metre rule.

We try and get all our supplies with one visit per week and go early in the mornings to avoid the rush....
\
We get ours delivered. Not expensive through the week. And less hassle than dealing with the crowds.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thankfully it has been lovely weather for the past week and I've been able to get out in the garden. Goodness knows what I'll feel like next week when the weather changes and indoors is dark and dismal

At least we've had a good dose of VitD to perk us up.
I'm saving all my inside jobs for next week Mags.
Plenty of work to do on the computer bringing files up to date and backing up. Still got a few books to read and plenty of Sudoku puzzles if I find myself at a loose end...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:28 PM

I'm saving all my inside jobs for next week Mags.
Plenty of work to do on the computer bringing files up to date and backing up. Still got a few books to read and plenty of Sudoku puzzles if I find myself at a loose end...
I've just finished one Sudoku book, Bob and I'm sure I have another somewhere, I'll have to hunt for it as it's become a habit now We've got plenty of jigsaws, scrabble and crossword books so we'll have plenty to occupy our minds
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
\
We get ours delivered. Not expensive through the week. And less hassle than dealing with the crowds.
I prefer to see what I'm buying Besoeker when buying fruit and veg. And you can't always get everything from the same supermarket so we sometimes alternate between Tesco and Sainsburys. There's nothing wrong with having it delivered, but what else would I be doing, and I might be taking up a delivery spot that a disabled person or somebody who shouldn't be going out could use....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-03-2020, 09:45 PM

I've just finished one Sudoku book, Bob and I'm sure I have another somewhere, I'll have to hunt for it as it's become a habit now We've got plenty of jigsaws, scrabble and crossword books so we'll have plenty to occupy our minds
Oh yes, I forgot about some jigsaws that Mrs Fox bought me as a Christmas present two years ago and I haven't got round to doing them yet Mags....Now might be the time....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:50 PM

I used to love scrabble, but there's no-one to play it with now
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-03-2020, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I used to love scrabble, but there's no-one to play it with now
I love scrabble also Pesta, but either Mrs Fox or me fall asleep during the day, or one of us is doing a job, but we do have a game every now and then. A neighbour across the road lost her husband a few years back and we invited her to play scrabble with us every Saturday night, she used to whup us every week..... Sadly she passed away and we stopped our Saturday night sessions.

I also like to play chess, even though I'm rubbish, but Mrs Fox doesn't play Chess and hasn't got the patience either...So It's been ages since I played....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:10 PM

I love scrabble also Pesta, but either Mrs Fox or me fall asleep during the day, or one of us is doing a job, but we do have a game every now and then. A neighbour across the road lost her husband a few years back and we invited her to play scrabble with us every Saturday night, she used to whup us every week..... Sadly she passed away and we stopped our Saturday night sessions.

I also like to play chess, even though I'm rubbish, but Mrs Fox doesn't play Chess and hasn't got the patience either...So It's been ages since I played....
I've still got my old scrabble pack from 1970's - even some old score sheets with folk we used to play with.
Then a separate lot of scores from when my daughter (when she was a lot younger) and I used to play.

I never did learn how to play chess Foxy Loxy - just draughts. Bit of a difference to chess eh?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-03-2020, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I've still got my old scrabble pack from 1970's - even some old score sheets with folk we used to play with.
Then a separate lot of scores from when my daughter (when she was a lot younger) and I used to play.

I never did learn how to play chess Foxy Loxy - just draughts. Bit of a difference to chess eh?
Chess players are few and far between Pesta, I know a couple of boffs who play like Bobby Fischer, no good to me though.....

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top