Join for free
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 11:20 AM

Re: Shopping today.

I managed to book a slot with Tescos for next Friday , it looks like they are releasing a few slots at time first thing in the morning.
I have had to pay £6 delivery and spend £40 but no problem, I would have to pay petrol if I went out and have been able to get a few things for neighbours who have been sharing fresh vegetables with me.

My DIL gets an order from Ocado booked weekly for 12 months in advance so she is ok, I won't allow her to get anything for me, with 5 children to feed she needs to order to the limit of 3 items anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
Have a hot milk drink, it'll save having to freeze it
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Sainsbury's today were brilliant! There were men patrolling the queues in the car park to make sure we all kept our distance. Promptly at 8.00am we 'oldies' were allowed in - 5 at a time. Smiling young woman met us inside the door with antiseptic wipes for our hands and trolley handles. Shelves were almost fully stocked apart from flour and pasta and one or two more items. Plenty of fresh fruit/veg/meat/chicken/fish. Staff patrolling aisles partly to make sure no-one took more than their 3 of anything and partly to help people find things as a lot of stuff has been moved around.

At the checkouts the staff were quick and helpful, shoppers also kept their distance from each other. It was a pleasure to shop there.

From there I walked across to the next village - to the Post Office to top up my gas/electricity - they are going to stay open as long as they can and the staff were really cheerful.

Popped into the little bakery on my way home. From today they will be closed - which is sad. They are going to take telephone orders and will open on Friday mornings 9.00 - 1.00pm for people to collect them - but that is all. Like everywhere else - they are running short of flour.

So - that is my shopping and my exercise done - won't need to leave the house again (apart from my dawn rambles) until next Friday.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sainsbury's today were brilliant! There were men patrolling the queues in the car park to make sure we all kept our distance. Promptly at 8.00am we 'oldies' were allowed in - 5 at a time. Smiling young woman met us inside the door with antiseptic wipes for our hands and trolley handles. Shelves were almost fully stocked apart from flour and pasta and one or two more items. Plenty of fresh fruit/veg/meat/chicken/fish. Staff patrolling aisles partly to make sure no-one took more than their 3 of anything and partly to help people find things as a lot of stuff has been moved around.

At the checkouts the staff were quick and helpful, shoppers also kept their distance from each other. It was a pleasure to shop there.

From there I went across to the next village - to the Post Office - they are going to stay open as long as they can and the staff were really cheerful.

Popped into the little bakery on my way home. From today they will be closed - which is sad. They are going to take telephone orders and will open on Friday mornings 9.00 - 1.00pm for people to collect them - but that is all. Like everywhere else - they are running short of flour.

So - that is my shopping and my exercise done - won't need to leave the house again (apart from my dawn rambles) until next Friday.
Very civilised .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:00 AM

I have just returned from my local Home Bargains.

There was a small orderly queue and only a small number of people allowed in to shop but there were plenty of staff stocking the almost full shelves.

Paracetamol was in stock, at last.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I have just returned from my local Home Bargains.

There was a small orderly queue and only a small number of people allowed in to shop but there were plenty of staff stocking the almost full shelves.

Paracetamol was in stock, at last.
My Morrisons had a supply and I got a couple of boxes. 45p though whereas didn't they used to be about 19p a packet?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
My Morrisons had a supply and I got a couple of boxes. 45p though whereas didn't they used to be about 19p a packet?
That's about what Tesco used to charge for a box of 16 tablets. Supersave charged us 22p/box of 16 about 3 weeks ago.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 10:14 AM

Hi

Been to Morrisons this morning.

An acute shortage of meat, limited range of bread and some frozen stuff.

Rationing was a bit weird, 4 cans of veg and 4 cans of baked beans per customer.

Four bottles of beer and six bottles of wine per customer , no limits on spirits.

No lighters.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 12:31 PM

I'm trying not to go out at all where there are people. I'm running out of a few things, mainly cat food.
Someone posted on fb that Sainsbury's were well stocked, before I even got into my car a passing neighbour said the queue was huge!
That's social media for you!
Hey ho, dog food will have to do today, if they're hungry they'll eat it.
I still can't get a delivery slot anywhere.
Sainsbury is my local supermarket, they won't let me join for home delivery, I bet they're delivering to folk who've never been in there!

I think people are ordering stuff from everywhere even if they don't need it!

Daughter is going to Aldi tomorrow, it's quite a distance in Glastonbury, I may have to follow her in my car. I can't ask her to get things for me that she needs for her family, it wouldn't be fair.

I'll be masked, gloved and wielding my walking stick if anyone gets close! If I could get into my loft I'd be wearing my pith helmet, goggles and plaque doctor mask! That would keep the buggers away!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm trying not to go out at all where there are people. I'm running out of a few things, mainly cat food.
Someone posted on fb that Sainsbury's were well stocked, before I even got into my car a passing neighbour said the queue was huge!
That's social media for you!
Hey ho, dog food will have to do today, if they're hungry they'll eat it.
I still can't get a delivery slot anywhere.
Sainsbury is my local supermarket, they won't let me join for home delivery, I bet they're delivering to folk who've never been in there!

I think people are ordering stuff from everywhere even if they don't need it!

Daughter is going to Aldi tomorrow, it's quite a distance in Glastonbury, I may have to follow her in my car. I can't ask her to get things for me that she needs for her family, it wouldn't be fair.

I'll be masked, gloved and wielding my walking stick if anyone gets close! If I could get into my loft I'd be wearing my pith helmet, goggles and plaque doctor mask! That would keep the buggers away!
Tess, have you tried ordering cat food on Amazon or Zooplus?

Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top