Join for free
Page 624 of 737 « First < 124 524 574 614 622 623 624 625 626 634 674 724 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 11:16 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Dolly found a huge meaty bone in our front garden this morning, it can only have come over the fence, from next door, obviously they didn't want their dog to have it! It went straight in the bin!

Good job you binned it Tess.
Some dog hating weirdo's have been leaving sausages and other tasty morsels, with pieces of glass in them, along known dog walks. Twice I have read about this over the last few months.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That reminds me of another of these scruffy celebrities, Peter Jones (entrepreneur) on Dragons' Den. He always used to be so smart, suit, tie and always clean-shaven. Now it's the opposite, a suit but no tie and looking as if he overslept and had no time to wash and shave. Very surprising to see him change so drastically in that way!
For some reason they think it looks cool. That idiot Jamie Oliver is the same.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good job you binned it Tess.
Some dog hating weirdo's have been leaving sausages and other tasty morsels, with pieces of glass in them, along known dog walks. Twice I have read about this over the last few months.
That is unbelievable isn't it. There are some very evil people around.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-06-2020, 02:01 PM

Dolly found a huge meaty bone in our front garden this morning, it can only have come over the fence, from next door, obviously they didn't want their dog to have it! It went straight in the bin!
Weirdos.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 03:26 PM

I hope no-one minds if I post this from a person representing 'Traditional England Group'.
Greta is, after all, someone who really annoys me!

And here she is again, Greta Thunberg telling us why we
should be ashamed on BLM.
I can't answer her opinion but I can put another slant on it.
Looking around this country right now, I'm beginning to see so many things that either saddens or appals me.
We are becoming a nation divided by opinion, age and experience.
On one side we have those over 60 who can remember days that were certainly poorer, but probably less stressful and certainly more settled.
They're the people who also remember worthwhile jobs being more readily available,
They also remember when buying a home was mostly within the reach of everyone and remember a day when our country seemed less crowded and in my case certainly, far happier.
On top of which, we had the little things..
I remember when driving was a pleasure, or when if we didn't have a car, then the bus or simply walking, did us every time,
we lived in a time when yes, it was lovely to dress in what was considered the latest clothing but if we lacked an item or a gadget? It didn't really matter.
We got by, we didn't whinge, mope or complain and we accepted it for what it was and we just marked time until we could change it.
And we did that by working.
I think what helped was also the distinct lack of tv channels or home entertainment.
We didn't hide behind closed doors boasting that we have 5000 followers on twitter or 500 on Facebook.
Most of whom we would never talk directly to or meet,
no, what we did was we went out into the world and engaged it.
I don't mean to make comparisons, but honestly? I can't write this unless I do
I think if we have children approaching 40, then they at least straddle both worlds.
But our Grandchildren? The Greta Thunberg generation? They only seem to have two talents.
The desire for instant gratification and the need to apportion blame.
Of course I'm not speaking about all of the young, but I am talking about far too many of them.
So Greta, like it or not, I'm using your name, your accusations, your lifestyle and your needs to justify all of this.
You blame me for ruining the planet.
Me, a man who never took one private car ride in my life, not until I was about 18 anyway.
And that really is true.
How on earth did I ruin the planet when I never took a plane flight until I was 20?
How did I ruin the planet when I either walked or caught a bus every where?
How did I ruin the planet by being forced to begin work at 15, which in turn drew taxes that would one day help build the life you now have?
How did my generation ruin the planet when we were the ultimate recyclers that your generation aspire to be?
It seems Greta it is your generation that are the true destroyers....and let me just say, Picasso was 100% wrong when he said 'The urge to destroy is a creative urge'
You're the ones who think their lives are over if you don't have the latest Iphone or 50 inch television in your bedroom.
It's your Generation who need more clothes in your wardrobe that you could possibly ever wear.
It is your generation who scream blue murder if you have to walk half a mile to school and it is YOUR generation who are leaving their footprints all over the planet.
And your publicity stunts? When you cross the Atlantic is a Carbon friendly boat?
How much pollution was created in the making of it? What impact did all the high-tech carbons and plastics have on the atmosphere?
Never mind the materials and pollution given out while they were trying to develop it.
And how many times have you been on holiday by walking there?
You haven't.
Yet you blame me..you blame the likes of me and everyone over 40 for providing you with everything you think you need in life.
You scream out in anger 'How dare you expect us to clean up your mess''
Well, in truth I don't.
Yes, to a huge degree my generation certainly played it's part, but we didn't do it just for us either,
we created, we over built and we over invested so you would never endure the hardships we had to endure in our lives.
But tell you what.
I agree with you.
We do need to clean up the planet.
So let us begin.
Let us begin with your generation giving up short car journeys and start walking everywhere in journeys under a mile.
Hand over your phones, your computers, give up your excessive clothing and the exotic foods that require millions of tons of fuel to deliver.
And then, give up travelling the world to speak in invested words, when you yourself have nothing to say.
That's the problem with you and your statue tearing, faux guilt ridden snowflake generation Greta, You want to change the world but you have no idea of anything better you can put back in its place.
As an Englishman, I can think of nothing more deserving than erecting a statue of Churchill or Nelson rather than some black, one legged Lesbian who fought for more housing benefits.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 03:27 PM

Lucky the lid was open
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-06-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i hope no-one minds if i post this from a person representing 'traditional england group'.
Greta is, after all, someone who really annoys me!

and here she is again, greta thunberg telling us why we
should be ashamed on blm.
I can't answer her opinion but i can put another slant on it.
Looking around this country right now, i'm beginning to see so many things that either saddens or appals me.
We are becoming a nation divided by opinion, age and experience.
On one side we have those over 60 who can remember days that were certainly poorer, but probably less stressful and certainly more settled.
They're the people who also remember worthwhile jobs being more readily available,
they also remember when buying a home was mostly within the reach of everyone and remember a day when our country seemed less crowded and in my case certainly, far happier.
On top of which, we had the little things..
I remember when driving was a pleasure, or when if we didn't have a car, then the bus or simply walking, did us every time,
we lived in a time when yes, it was lovely to dress in what was considered the latest clothing but if we lacked an item or a gadget? It didn't really matter.
We got by, we didn't whinge, mope or complain and we accepted it for what it was and we just marked time until we could change it.
And we did that by working.
I think what helped was also the distinct lack of tv channels or home entertainment.
We didn't hide behind closed doors boasting that we have 5000 followers on twitter or 500 on facebook.
Most of whom we would never talk directly to or meet,
no, what we did was we went out into the world and engaged it.
I don't mean to make comparisons, but honestly? I can't write this unless i do
i think if we have children approaching 40, then they at least straddle both worlds.
But our grandchildren? The greta thunberg generation? They only seem to have two talents.
The desire for instant gratification and the need to apportion blame.
Of course i'm not speaking about all of the young, but i am talking about far too many of them.
So greta, like it or not, i'm using your name, your accusations, your lifestyle and your needs to justify all of this.
You blame me for ruining the planet.
Me, a man who never took one private car ride in my life, not until i was about 18 anyway.
And that really is true.
How on earth did i ruin the planet when i never took a plane flight until i was 20?
How did i ruin the planet when i either walked or caught a bus every where?
How did i ruin the planet by being forced to begin work at 15, which in turn drew taxes that would one day help build the life you now have?
How did my generation ruin the planet when we were the ultimate recyclers that your generation aspire to be?
It seems greta it is your generation that are the true destroyers....and let me just say, picasso was 100% wrong when he said 'the urge to destroy is a creative urge'
you're the ones who think their lives are over if you don't have the latest iphone or 50 inch television in your bedroom.
It's your generation who need more clothes in your wardrobe that you could possibly ever wear.
It is your generation who scream blue murder if you have to walk half a mile to school and it is your generation who are leaving their footprints all over the planet.
And your publicity stunts? When you cross the atlantic is a carbon friendly boat?
How much pollution was created in the making of it? What impact did all the high-tech carbons and plastics have on the atmosphere?
Never mind the materials and pollution given out while they were trying to develop it.
And how many times have you been on holiday by walking there?
You haven't.
Yet you blame me..you blame the likes of me and everyone over 40 for providing you with everything you think you need in life.
You scream out in anger 'how dare you expect us to clean up your mess''
well, in truth i don't.
Yes, to a huge degree my generation certainly played it's part, but we didn't do it just for us either,
we created, we over built and we over invested so you would never endure the hardships we had to endure in our lives.
But tell you what.
I agree with you.
We do need to clean up the planet.
So let us begin.
Let us begin with your generation giving up short car journeys and start walking everywhere in journeys under a mile.
Hand over your phones, your computers, give up your excessive clothing and the exotic foods that require millions of tons of fuel to deliver.
And then, give up travelling the world to speak in invested words, when you yourself have nothing to say.
That's the problem with you and your statue tearing, faux guilt ridden snowflake generation greta, you want to change the world but you have no idea of anything better you can put back in its place.
As an englishman, i can think of nothing more deserving than erecting a statue of churchill or nelson rather than some black, one legged lesbian who fought for more housing benefits.

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
For some reason they think it looks cool. That idiot Jamie Oliver is the same.
Perhaps they believe that having so much money entitles them to become members of 'the great unwashed brigade'. I was always taught that soap and water and being presentable cost very little,
I definitely would not have been allowed to go outside the house looking as those people do, not that I would want to anyway.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by baz46 ->
perhaps they believe that having so much money entitles them to become members of 'the great unwashed brigade'. I was always taught that soap and water and being presentable cost very little,
i definitely would not have been allowed to go outside the house looking as those people do, not that i would want to anyway.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:06 PM

Great post JB.....

Doesn't Greta ever read this stuff? I'd love to hear her feedback......

Page 624 of 737 « First < 124 524 574 614 622 623 624 625 626 634 674 724 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top