Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:20 PM

Re: Tea Bags

Tetly T bags here ,couldn"t imagine for the life of me sharing a teabag .
Cannot stop laughung TBh
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Tetly T bags here ,couldn"t imagine for the life of me sharing a teabag .
Cannot stop laughung TBh
One tea bag in a teapot is quite strong enough for both of us.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There was a lady from Yorkshire at my seniors club who swore by Yorkshire tea, I felt a bit mean pointing out to her that it had never been near Yorkshire as it was grown in Sri Lanka and packaged in UAE

She bought Nerada tea after that.

Sorry Bruce but Yorkshire Tea is blended and distributed from their Harrowgate factory in Yorkshire although the tea plants come from India,Ceylon and Rwanda
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There was a lady from Yorkshire at my seniors club who swore by Yorkshire tea, I felt a bit mean pointing out to her that it had never been near Yorkshire as it was grown in Sri Lanka and packaged in UAE

She bought Nerada tea after that.

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
Sorry Bruce but Yorkshire Tea is blended and distributed from their Harrowgate factory in Yorkshire although the tea plants come from India,Ceylon and Rwanda
Not in Australia it isn't
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
So it's Yorkshire tea because it's in a box that is packed in Yorkshire? Amazing marketing con.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I only drink herbal teas .
Lemon and ginger is nice .
Oh it is. That’s my favourite combo!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Loose Tea for this household. (although always have a spare 240 packet of teabags in the cupboard, just in case, always used before use by date.

We are Yorkshire Tea drinkers. Yorkshire Gold for the loose, Yorkshire Premium for the teabags. BY GOOM, A RIGHT NICE CUPPA!
(Don't shoot me please Judd! ) lol.
Hello SG!

We used to call in at Colombo, to fill the ship with various brands of tea, as we sailed back from India (1950s).

We would arrive there to pick up hundreds of tea chests, which were piled on the key, for the high volume sellers, in the UK. The stories about those who lived on the docks, to do those jobs, is better not repeated.

The up Market tea (Darjeeling) etc., came from further up & was whisked, quickly, past the docks and straight into the holds.

Never picked up any from Yorkshire - but delivered a lot there. Not so may Tea bags around in those days.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Loose Tea for this household. (although always have a spare 240 packet of teabags in the cupboard, just in case, always used before use by date.

We are Yorkshire Tea drinkers.
Yorkshire Gold for the loose, Yorkshire Premium for the teabags. BY GOOM, A RIGHT NICE CUPPA!
(Don't shoot me please Judd! ) lol.
You cannot beat proper tea, Shropshiregirl!
Toffeeman55
East Yorkshire UK
Toffeeman55 is male 

06-08-2020, 02:24 AM

Twinnings Earl Grey bags for us....one per cup brewed for two minutes exactly gives us the ideal strength...no milk...best way to drink tea...IMO
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We only ever use the standard Yorkshire Teabags that come in the mainly green boxes. Best cuppa ever

Me too.
Never had a problem with them.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top