Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:30 AM

Re: Toxicity.

There are those who are on the same career path, at work, who will attempt to roll logs into your path by poisoning others to make themselves look better suited.

In politics too!

What they fail to see is that the watchers watch & the culprits are outed pronto!

But, maybe, one has to stand on a few heads to progress?

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:32 AM

I don't think i would describe anybody as toxic because, if I don't like them initially, I try to understand why they think the way they do. Your opinion can sometimes be changed by listening to what they say, but that can only work if it is a two way conversation!

Sadly name calling & criticism helps nobody, so if a person can do nothing else, I tend to ignore them!

We are all different, but if we don't question those who have differing opinions to ourselves, how can we hope to see things from their point of view?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There are those who are on the same career path, at work, who will attempt to roll logs into your path by poisoning others to make themselves look better suited.

In politics too!

What they fail to see is that the watchers watch & the culprits are outed pronto!

But, maybe, one has to stand on a few heads to progress?

How true is that,Ted..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think i would describe anybody as toxic because, if I don't like them initially, I try to understand why they think the way they do. Your opinion can sometimes be changed by listening to what they say, but that can only work if it is a two way conversation!

Sadly name calling & criticism helps nobody, so if a person can do nothing else, I tend to ignore them!

We are all different, but if we don't question those who have differing opinions to ourselves, how can we hope to see things from their point of view?

Exactly....by starting this thread,lots of different points of view...even though it’s a forum.....you can still learn a lot from others....thanks,Twink..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:54 AM

Yes Pauline I've had people in my life I can say were toxic for me . In that I mean abuse towards me which I realised was causing me to wake up and move on , which I did . A good lesson to learn.

Now im older and wiser I keep well away from people who's energy doesn't gell with me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I never like to judge people Pauline, Some people are compatible with me, and some aren't, but I wouldn't describe them as 'Toxic'...We are all different and I think it's these differences that make up the rich tapestry of life.....Some people who appeared incompatible with me when I first met them have turned out to be best friends. Books and covers springs to mind....

That has happened to me a few times too.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:11 AM

Can't think of any. Probably because other than my immediate family I honestly don't give a stuff what people think and if anyone tried to influence me in any direction that I don't want to go then they've got no chance.

If anything from time to time I've been toxic in other peoples lives but that's their problem.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-07-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Thanks for the comment,Susan
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-07-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Can't think of any. Probably because other than my immediate family I honestly don't give a stuff what people think and if anyone tried to influence me in any direction that I don't want to go then they've got no chance.

If anything from time to time I've been toxic in other peoples lives but that's their problem.

I must say about you AT...you definitely aren’t toxic....plus you are not argumentative.....but I must be honest....I don’t understand a lot of your words..I have to look them up online..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-07-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

It has happened to me as well.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top