Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 05:07 PM

Coronavirus: Packed beer garden at Stone outbreak pub

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...e-outbreak-pub (video)

29 Jul 2020

Footage posted online shows the busy beer garden at a pub at the centre of an outbreak of Covid-19 in Stone, Staffordshire.

10 cases have been confirmed linked to the Crown and Anchor pub, and health officials are urging all customers between 16-18 July to get tested.

One person who tested positive after being at the pub also held a private gathering, causing a further spread, Staffordshire County Council said.
They think it's all over .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 05:11 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Packed beer garden at Stone outbreak pub

Great! I was behind a couple from Staffordshire in Sainsburys
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 05:25 PM

Apparently, 400/500 people we crammed into this pub:

There was no control on the door, there was no distancing inside (or outside, obviously) and there was no recording of customer details - people queued "five-deep" at the bar to get served and pay at a single till.

On the other hand, the Wetherspoons pub over the road was operating a strict one in, one out policy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...led-names.html
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 05:28 PM

Perhaps the staff got overwhelmed. I wouldn't fancy trying to confront that many people hellbent on boozing!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

31-07-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Perhaps the staff got overwhelmed. I wouldn't fancy trying to confront that many people hellbent on boozing!
It's privately-owned pub so I guess the owners had no brewery guidelines to follow but the rules for pubs are readily available, e.g:

Covid-19 advice for Pubs, Clubs, Bars and Restaurants selling alcohol

https://www.preston.gov.uk/article/2...elling-alcohol
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:30 PM

Wetherspoons got it right..This landlord couple should be severely punished for allowing the pub to get packed.The rules for re opening of pubs was made extremely clear and one doorman in a town centre pub was totally inadequate.

The old drinking days have gone until the virus is wiped out.
The landlords know that and so do the idiot customers who ignored the guidelines.
It was good to read that at least some of them saw the danger signals and left of their own volition.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:55 PM

Perhaps those planning to get married next week could do it there.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 07:03 PM

I think it was a daft idea allowing the pubs to open.
Near me, all you see is the twenty to thirty somethings strolling around of an evening off to the pub.

The wine bar down the road from me closed on Sunday because a staff member tested positive .... but after a deep clean it was open for business as usual again on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:50 PM

My God they are close together.

I’m very fond of a pint at lunchtime or in the night time, mainly for the company and a bit of laugh, so it’s true to say I’ve missed it badly over the past six months, tough luck, but common sense tells me the pubs are breeding grounds for this bug, and it’s been proven so all over the World, they are all locking down again because they jumped the gun and opened up the pubs too early, just look at what’s happening in the USA.
I know it’s tough on the young folks, but they are not alone, it’s tough on everyone and the sooner we all pull together and realise this thing will never go away if we don’t stick to the rules and fight it with the only tools we have at the moment—masks and distancing.
We’re all sick to the gills hearing about it day in day out, but we just have to suffer it out, at least it’s still Summertime.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:35 AM

And the livin is easy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top