Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:55 AM

Re: Dirty Toilet

I hope the guy is going to pay you two, at least "Time and a Turd".
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Possible caused by iron deposits in the water? Just arm yourself with some thick de-scaling product that will cling to the bowl and leave it to do its work for a couple of hours before scrubbing it clean with a loo brush. Repeat as necessary then finally, pour some bleach into the bowl to sterilise it.

Iron deposits? Me no understand Judd..
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I hope the guy is going to pay you two, at least "Time and a Turd".

Pay? We wouldn't even get any thanks
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Iron deposits? Me no understand Judd..
Some old water mains are made of cast iron and some of the rust from the pipes makes its way into homes and if the w.c. isn't cleaned regularly, it can accumulate just as limescale does.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:28 PM

don't tell me someone has been actually using this toilet/chit 'ole .

URGH
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:33 PM

As I said earlier, I would even be wary of flushing it at the moment because of the signs of a blockage.

That stain is both high up, and more or less even round the bowl so the water level must have been that high at some point.
Consequently, I would feel very wary of flushing it unless I knew it was clear, otherwise it might all 'rise up' again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
don't tell me someone has been actually using this toilet/chit 'ole .

URGH

I know Queenie, but maybe that is why the old chap ended up in hospital for all we know.
We don't know all the circumstances as why this ever happened.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:39 PM

Paint it white.

I'd take cleaning it up as a challenge. A lot of that muck might come off with a good scrub with a lavatory brush but beware of the dreaded splash back. Wear something to protect the eyes and face.

When scrubbed, use a product that advertises removal of staining and limescale.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:44 PM

Pesta, forget vinegar and baking soda they're just not strong enough for this sort of job. Start off by giving the bowl a squirt of Viacal (this is the best descaler on the market imho) and leave for a while. Then give the area you've squirted a good scrub with a scrubbing brush NOT a toilet brush (the bristles are too soft). If this works, carry on. If it doesn't get a deep cleaning company in as someone else has suggested.

Regarding bleach and its effects on rubber: you can put bleach into the cistern without too much hassle provided you don't go too strong with the solution. I would suggest using a couple of cups of bleach to one full tank of water maximum.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well, that must have been quite some Indian takeaway, a really hot curry!
Oh sh!t, I had better put the lid on this and get out of here!

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top