Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:16 PM

Re: Animals and their uses

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not sure that this is the right place to discuss one's sexual proclivities
OMG Totally twisted
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Well, the pen is mightier than the sword

Edited to fix typo
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:17 PM

Ok I’m out of this one.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
China does not kill anything humanely .
The gene for kindness to animals is sadly lacking in the Chinese mentality .
They don’t even treat people humanely there much less animals.
FWIW, the mill manager and several others had their dogs. Lovely dogs at that. Taiwan Paper and Pulp Corporation it was.`
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:23 PM

Anyway, time to have a semblance of reverting to the thrust of the thread...

Is we are to assume that All Lives Matter, then surely this would include All animals. One only way round this would be to suggest that some lives matter less than others, in particular those which are somehow deemed to be less worthy of mattering than others. This would yield a return to a wider debate about classifications of animals and subcategories within each species. You can easily see where this might logically lead one.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
FWIW, the mill manager and several others had their dogs. Lovely dogs at that. Taiwan Paper and Pulp Corporation it was.`
Nothing especially different about the Chinese. I'm sure some of them must love dogs like we do. ....
A few countries eat dog meat don't they?
The South Koreans munch a lot. Weren't the restaurants there asked not to serve doggy dishes when they hosted the Olympics.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Anyway, time to have a semblance of reverting to the thrust of the thread...

Is we are to assume that All Lives Matter, then surely this would include All animals. One only way round this would be to suggest that some lives matter less than others, in particular those which are somehow deemed to be less worthy of mattering than others. This would yield a return to a wider debate about classifications of animals and subcategories within each species. You can easily see where this might logically lead one.
Yes ... I can! I was chasing a pesky fly that's buzzing about and I suppose now I can't kill him ..her...it .....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

01-08-2020, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Yes ... I can! I was chasing a pesky fly that's buzzing about and I suppose now I can't kill him ..her...it .....
Since humans have apparently been utilising animals ever since they emerged from the primordial soup, then this appears to justify capturing said fly, enslaving it and using it for whatever purpose you deem of value.

In short, the op has managed to justify slavery by her own beliefs.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-08-2020, 08:36 PM

Hmm ... it's a bit small for a pygmy drone.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

01-08-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hmm ... it's a bit small for a pygmy drone.
Perhaps you could capture some more and make a flying machine to compete with Ryan Air? Ecologically sound!!

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top