Join for free
Page 7 of 21 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:22 AM

Re: &#@%!?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well on 31st December, which is not that far away, one of us will be right and one will be wrong.

If I am wrong I have no problems with apologising to you.

Its simply absurd to think the 2nd biggest trading partner for the EU will allow itself to have tarrifs put on all goods entering it. Why would they do this ? It would build a stronger case for the member states to leave.

The USA trade discussions are still ongoing. If anything a USA UK trade deal would benefit Trump enormously for his election because it would increase agriculture exports, increasing profits and jobs. There is no way Trump would miss an opportunity like that. Likewise the UK can benefit from it by selling the USA whiskey, salmon, cheese and other manufactured products here such as high tec and scientific goods

Australia has super high quality meat products that can be imported into the UK with lower tarrifs and higher quotas. Cattle in Australia graze outdoors all year round and do not need to he kept in barns over the winter with anti bionics and food supplements like in Europe.

New zealand ... see above but for lamb products.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:31 AM

Hi

Trump has no chance of getting a UK Deal before his election.

It has to be approved by Congress.

Australia and New Zealand are of very limited value, cheaper beef and lamb, which will affect the very powerful farming lobby.

As I say, wait and see.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:46 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...update-barnier

Once you start joining the dots.. the picture may not be what was anticipated. Been in limbo too long.

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:54 AM

Hi

Australia and New Zealand are of very limited value, cheaper beef and lamb, which will affect the very powerful farming lobby.

As I say, wait and see.

If the dems reject a uk usa trade deal nobody will vote for the dems in the election.

Australia and New Zealand are not of limited value on their own they are a multi billion trade deal and they also form a huge chunk of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans Pacific Partnership.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
None of that is true.
I'm sorry for the UK, but it is all true.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-08-2020, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I'm sorry for the UK, but it is all true.

Stop making things up.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-08-2020, 02:31 PM

Hi

As I say, wait and see.
Meanwhile ....

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKBN25J09C
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 02:54 PM

Hi

I disagree, the EU know exactly where we are coming from but are having none of it.

Some of the things we are asking for are stupid.

We want access for all our HGVs to Europe, but refuse to accept their Driving Hours, we want to set our own.

That is just not going to happen.

Same with EU demands for access to our Fisheries.

It is the end game, who blinks first.
I confess that I don't know all the details, but of the two you refer to, I think there is a simple solution, considering that both the UK and the EU are (or will be) 'sovereign countries'.

We should have access to their roads for our HGVs, but should accept their rules in their countries.
The EU HGVs should have access to our roads, but should accept our rules here.

As for fishing areas, ours are ours and those belonging to the EU countries are theirs. Something about international laws.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 03:05 PM

Stop making things up.
Try facing up to reality for once. I agree it takes courage for the likes of you......
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-08-2020, 03:07 PM

Meanwhile ....

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKBN25J09C
No problem as any future UK usa deal will be way more beneficial for the usa anyway.

Page 7 of 21 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top