Join for free
Page 4 of 51 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:20 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Extinction is far more significant than Covid and Brexit so just focus on that.
Yes indeed how can people be so obtuse ?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am not ignorant therefore don’t need your forgiveness and I don't know that I want to know you .
Someone who compares David Attenborough to old soaks in a pub ( that is a sweeping statement ) is not really someone who would spark my interest .
In fact everything you have written here has betrayed your own astounding ignorance .
So go stick your head back in the sand and keep talking from the orifice that is above ground .
Have a good evening
Nurse! Nurse! The screens please...Muddy is having a temper tantrum again!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:40 PM

Not funny .
Not a retired plod are you ?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 11:28 PM

Some people only care about themselves, they don't care about what sort of planet they will leave behind for their children or grandchildren to inherit. It certainly will not be a healthy one, but why should they care they will be long gone.
David Attenborough cares, he cares for his children, his grandchildren & everyone else's as well. So the fact he does means those who don't care hopefully are in a minority.
This planet should be managed for everyone, not with greed or gain, but sustainably for future generations. I just hope people will listen & countries will get together, all countries & make a diference.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 12:17 AM

The great thing about David Attenborough is that he is highly influential across generations. So many young people love him too. He just communicates his love for the natural world with no filters, no judgement just shares his vision in such a clear way anyone can understand and see it too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The great thing about David Attenborough is that he is highly influential across generations. So many young people love him too. He just communicates his love for the natural world with no filters, no judgement just shares his vision in such a clear way anyone can understand and see it too.
Well said Annie! Sadly he will not remain with us for many more years, so who will remind humans of the mistakes they make then?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:01 AM

What a bunch of hypocrites you lot are turning out to be.
You all sit in your centrally heated homes pounding away on you keyboard wringing your hands at the state of the world and patting David Attenborough on the back while your dishwashers are doing the pots, your washing machines humming away in the corner, and your motor sits full of fuel on the block paved drive out front....

If the world is going tits up, YOU are the cause!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You all sit in your centrally heated homes pounding away on you keyboard wringing your hands at the state of the world and patting David Attenborough on the back while your dishwashers are doing the pots, your washing machines humming away in the corner, and your motor sits full of fuel on the block paved drive out front....

Don’t tell ‘em OGF They are happy in their little fluffy dream world where everyone except them are at fault
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Can't argue with that Bob, we are all part of the cause of it, but that doesn't mean we have to deny it is happening.

I think the difference though between Attenborough and the deniers is that Attenborough has spent his whole life watching it happen up close, therefore I figure that he is probably in a much better position to judge than they are...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:31 AM

AND!
You talk about the mess we are leaving the next generation...Ha!
Kids have never had it so good, we taught them that they can stay in education until it's time to take a gap year.
We taught them to marry their best friend and choose what gender they wish to be. Most of them have a decent motor, something that I couldn't afford until I had saved up from my poultry wages as an apprentice at fifteen. Even when I could afford one at eighteen, it was an old worn out mini van that I had to spend most nights giving the kiss of life to so it would get me to work in the morning.

You are all flogging a dead horse with all this extinction nonsense, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it! Most of it is happening at the otherside of the world by people who don't live like you do, they have to make money any way that they can, they don't live by the rules that you do, they have many mouths to feed. I don't agree with the persecution of wild animals, but it's up to the authorities in those countries to prevent it. Some of them are doing the best that they can, but with others, it's not high on their priority list. Send a few quid and some charity geezer will put an extension on his luxury pad.

If you were really serious about saving the planet and it's animals you would go and live off grid, grow your own food and wash your stuff down in the river. Oh! and kill some animal so you could eat it and use it's fur to keep you warm in the winter. So unless you have a better plan.....Shut the chuff up about David Attenborough, he can afford to fly all over the world with a film crew to keep you amused and angry...

Page 4 of 51 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top