Join for free
Page 5 of 51 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:34 AM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Can't argue with that Bob, we are all part of the cause of it, but that doesn't mean we have to deny it is happening.

I think the difference though between Attenborough and the deniers is that Attenborough has spent his whole life watching it happen up close, therefore I figure that he is probably in a much better position to judge than they are...
The same DA who flies by jet to all points of the compass with a large crew of producers, writers, makeup artists, cameramen, sound recordists etc. Who are housed in the nearest 5 star hotel, and are driven around in top of the range diesel landrovers..who has the ferkin gall to lecture me about global warming?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Can't argue with that Bob, we are all part of the cause of it, but that doesn't mean we have to deny it is happening.

I think the difference though between Attenborough and the deniers is that Attenborough has spent his whole life watching it happen up close, therefore I figure that he is probably in a much better position to judge than they are...
Sorry Barry... Rant over.....I don't deny anything, I know it's happening, but watching David Attenborough just makes me feel useless and inadequate.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
The same DA who flies by jet to all points of the compass with a large crew of producers, writers, makeup artists, cameramen, sound recordists etc. Who are housed in the nearest 5 star hotel, and are driven around in top of the range diesel landrovers..who has the ferkin gall to lecture me about global warming?
Yep, while using the excuse that he's educating us.....
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:38 AM

Out bloody standing
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:40 AM

David Attenborough knows what he is talking about more than those who it would appear can only pour scorn on what are proven scientific facts.

Yes we may be hypocrites but If everyone must does their bit It will help .
And many people do do their bit ,small as it might be .
It’s better than doing nothing .
For that reason I try not to use up the worlds resources i don’t have washing machine pounding away .
I don’t use a dryer .
I do have a car .
As I assume none of the deniers are living in caves eating nettles they have a right to their opinion but it is IMO worthless we all have to take some responsibility .
Saying it’s a load of rubbish is a cop out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yep, while using the excuse that he's educating us.....
Can’t knock nowt where there is nowt.
( as my dear Grandmother would say )
Turn him off and watch Eastenders or coronation street instead.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What a bunch of hypocrites you lot are turning out to be.
You all sit in your centrally heated homes pounding away on you keyboard wringing your hands at the state of the world and patting David Attenborough on the back while your dishwashers are doing the pots, your washing machines humming away in the corner, and your motor sits full of fuel on the block paved drive out front....

If the world is going tits up, YOU are the cause!
We are not hypocrites Foxy, we are just showing respect for a man who probably knows a lot more than we do about the damage we are doing to the planet!
There have been many changes to the way we live since WW2. & they occurred because we had no idea that we were damaging the planet at the time. We now know more & David Attenborough's programmes have shown where and how this damage is happening.
What caused all this damage? Human greed, because everybody wanted to make more money & be more comfortable.... but weren't intelligent enough to realize that it was us that caused it !
Humans have evolved to be the most intelligent creatures, so stronger... but it won't last! Eventually horrendous weather conditions & lack of food will make humans become extinct.... but there will be some creatures ( maybe insects) that evolve to be able to live in the new conditions & the whole evolution of new life will begin again . Lets hope humans are not the survivors, unless they have learned from people like David Attenborough.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 12:16 PM

As I said before, it is up to the World countries governments to do something about our World, we, the common people can only do so much in our little areas of the World, like recycling, picking up litter etc.
Every country needs to come together to protect the environment, it's forests, it's seas, it's wild life.
We can only make a small contribution, by doing our bit with the small places we live. Making our gardens wildlife friendly is a start.
Until, or unless ever Government everywhere stops clearing the forests to plant palm oil & over fishing our seas, polluting them with rubbish, we will not recover our Earth.
It won't happen in my life time, nor even my children's, but if the young people of today learn from the mistakes of their elders & want this World to survive, maybe, just maybe it will.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 01:08 PM

Global warming? I have no concerns about that.
As has been explained many times by several people, the earth goes through periods of warming and cooling over the centuries. The latest bandwagon is that it is all OUR fault. What caused the warming of the planet after the last ice age? Whose fault was that?

Over-population? Yes, now that IS our fault.
The earth can supply only limited food and water. As the world population increases, some people are unable to find enough food and certainly water.
This varies from country to country. The more responsible societies manage their resources efficiently.

Africa is perhaps the worst affected continent when it comes to lack of food and water, yet its inhabitants continue to breed like rabbits. Presumably, they do this on the grounds that they need to have big families to account for the inevitable deaths of some of their children. I can only assume that they haven't realised that this happens largely because of the shortage of food and drinking water.

There has been a lot of criticism of China recently for unrelated reasons. However, when they realised that their population was increasing beyond acceptable levels, they imposed restrictions on family sizes. It worked!

The same strategy could be applied in many other countries which are overpopulated and find many of their people are starving.

Even we in the UK should be doing something about this.
I understand that our own indigenous population is pretty much maintaining a level birth to death ratio, and has been for quite some time.

Our population is, however, increasing due to the insurgence of foreign people who live in a different way to our own people. Certain cultures have large families because that is how they have always lived.

To make matters worse, we are currently experiencing a regular and rapid increase in immigration from third world countries, many if not most of them being illegal.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I believe that if these two factors continue in the direction they are heading, we will eventually find ourselves facing the same problems now found in some African countries.

Yes. Over-population is the biggest world problem in my opinion, and it is heading our way right now.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

16-09-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Global warming? I have no concerns about that.
As has been explained many times by several people, the earth goes through periods of warming and cooling over the centuries. The latest bandwagon is that it is all OUR fault. What caused the warming of the planet after the last ice age? Whose fault was that?

Over-population? Yes, now that IS our fault.
The earth can supply only limited food and water. As the world population increases, some people are unable to find enough food and certainly water.
This varies from country to country. The more responsible societies manage their resources efficiently.

Africa is perhaps the worst affected continent when it comes to lack of food and water, yet its inhabitants continue to breed like rabbits. Presumably, they do this on the grounds that they need to have big families to account for the inevitable deaths of some of their children. I can only assume that they haven't realised that this happens largely because of the shortage of food and drinking water.

There has been a lot of criticism of China recently for unrelated reasons. However, when they realised that their population was increasing beyond acceptable levels, they imposed restrictions on family sizes. It worked!

The same strategy could be applied in many other countries which are overpopulated and find many of their people are starving.

Even we in the UK should be doing something about this.
I understand that our own indigenous population is pretty much maintaining a level birth to death ratio, and has been for quite some time.

Our population is, however, increasing due to the insurgence of foreign people who live in a different way to our own people. Certain cultures have large families because that is how they have always lived.

To make matters worse, we are currently experiencing a regular and rapid increase in immigration from third world countries, many if not most of them being illegal.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I believe that if these two factors continue in the direction they are heading, we will eventually find ourselves facing the same problems now found in some African countries.

Yes. Over-population is the biggest world problem in my opinion, and it is heading our way right now.
Do I have this right? Over population is caused by those of child bearing age and are the same People who in the Western world are the planets biggest consumers of energy, goods and food, the very things that are responsible for global warming....yet..us old buggers are getting the blame for it?
Do I have that right?

Page 5 of 51 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top