Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 08:50 PM

Re: Amazon Prime Days.

Don't do Amazon....And I still get telephone calls almost daily telling me I owe them £79 on my account.....
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 08:57 PM

Had the free month trial last month,then cancelled it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't do Amazon....And I still get telephone calls almost daily telling me I owe them £79 on my account.....
Oh come on OGF. Pay up. You know it makes sense.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh come on OGF. Pay up. You know it makes sense.

Trouble is JB, if I had an account with Amazon I wouldn't know if they were right or not, and would probably pay up....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Trouble is JB, if I had an account with Amazon I wouldn't know if they were right or not, and would probably pay up....
You mean you've never joined?
You never took a free introduction to Prime?
Then you need to tell them to shut up and stop bothering you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Today and tomorrow.

Anyone else taking advantage?
I accidentally subscribed during an order and cancelled it to receive a full refund.

On reflection it was only $50 for the year and included free postage on anything bought from Amazon plus a subscription to their online TV/Video Channel. I think I regret cancelling now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I accidentally subscribed during an order and cancelled it to receive a full refund.

On reflection it was only $50 for the year and included free postage on anything bought from Amazon plus a subscription to their online TV/Video Channel. I think I regret cancelling now.

Can you not join again? I have cancelled in the past then rejoined. It's £7.99 a month here and although Prime video is not that great, I do watch the odd thing on there but I also get free delivery on parcels, so a couple of deliveries a month and it is paid for. Plus there are deals for members on Kindle too.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Can you not join again? I have cancelled in the past then rejoined. It's £7.99 a month here and although Prime video is not that great, I do watch the odd thing on there but I also get free delivery on parcels, so a couple of deliveries a month and it is paid for. Plus there are deals for members on Kindle too.
Yes I can rejoin and possibly will if I order anything from them again.

That $16 a month doesn't seem such a good deal perhaps the $50 a year was an introductory offer?

I just checked, it is now $6.99 a month here though that is less than half of what they charge you. I should have kept the $50 deal for the year, Oh well!

https://www.amazon.com.au/prime?ref_=nav_prime_try_btn
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I did think about buying a 55" 4K TV but the 47" HD TV I've had for years still looks good, so I've resisted.
I got my new 50” from a local electrical shop, while Currys was still closed. Biggest screen I’ve ever had, and pleased with it. Didn’t cost a bomb, either. It has Prime Video and Netflix. I have watched some shows on Amazon, through my Prime membership, but really must use it more. I’m well behind on The Grand Tour episodes.

Checked my Prime subscription, it runs out in a month, but this past year was free, courtesy of a code supplied by BT. Yay.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-10-2020, 10:52 AM

Amazon......
The biggest retail outlet in the world.....
Responsible for closing down more small family run businesses in the UK than Gordon Brown!

They will soon be the only game in town, not just for sales, but employment too, and have more power than any government, and you have made it so.....

Once their takeover of the world is complete, they will be able to charge what they like.
No more Mr nice guy!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top