Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 05:21 PM

Jimmy Savile.

Oh Dear, Is this wise?

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...y8Kzf7u862mpYo
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 06:01 PM

Re: Jimmy Savile.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Oh Dear, Is this wise?

Monstrous, wicked.........
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Oh Dear, Is this wise?

There is no absolution for bbc, they knew more than they will ever disclose. Not interested in any documentary.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 07:01 PM

And they wonder why people are cancelling their tv licences....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 07:49 PM

The usual double standards from the BBC. They refuse to show Saville on old Top of the Pops repeats but they will make a drama about him.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 09:03 PM

I'm trying to decide what makes a drama about this particular criminal worse than any other. Is it because a drama is being made about it at all ..or is it that the BBC that are doing it about one who used to be their own?

Films, dramas and/or documentaries are made about criminals quite frequently showing the whys and wherefores of how they got away with it. Maybe we can all think of other pretty evil characters who have been dramatized or had documentaries made about them. One recent highly praised TV drama has been about Dennis Nilsen. Think about what he did, yet people watched it.

I will probably want to see what a researching dramatist makes of what Saville got away with as well.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 09:25 PM

I'm not really interested in Jimmy Savile, Dennis Nilsen or any other murderer or abuser. I don't care why they did it, and it certainly isn't what I call entertainment. I just despair at the depths that present day TV is resorting to in order to justify their existence. All the decent sport has been swept up by subscription channels, and there's not one sitcom that can compare to Faulty Towers, Allo Allo, or Porridge.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 09:51 PM

I don't want to come across as taking an undue interest but it's not a 'these days' thing on TV. I don't think its 'a sinking to the depths' issue either. There have always been criminologists analysing why people have done what they did and making documentaries and dramas about them. Before that, books were written.

I understand that some don't want to know though.

Edit: ..and I too really like Faulty Towers, Allo Allo, Porridge and Dad's Army.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I don't want to come across as taking an undue interest but it's not a 'these days' thing on TV. I don't think its 'a sinking to the depths' issue either. There have always been criminologists analysing why people have done what they did and making documentaries and dramas about them. Before that, books were written.

I understand that some don't want to know though.

Edit: ..and I too really like Faulty Towers, Allo Allo, Porridge and Dad's Army.

I understand what you mean Mart, and to me, there is a big difference between a documentary and a play, or drama.

I saw bits of that one you mentioned about Nilsen.
They have also recently sown a documentary about The Kray Twins, and Ian Brady & Hindley, and that school caretaker who killed the Soham school girls, and many more famous cases. So really, why is that old pervert Saville any worse than those child killers?

I would not like to see it turned into a play, but that's completely different to a crime documentary to me.

* Whoops, my apoligies, just had another look at the link and I see it is not a crime documentary at all. It seems to be going to be a drama series?
If so, I think that is very wrong and an insult to the vicitms.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 11:07 PM

Wonder if it will be just an excuse to exonerate the Beeb from failing to recognise Savile for what he was?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top