Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 03:19 PM

Have You Noticed The State Of Lay-bys These Days? They Are Disgusting!

They are full of faeces, usually bagged or freelance! Bottles of urine plus those done in an emergency, bags of food, stuff just dumped, other carrier bags of litter and other miscellaneous items!

Who is responsible for the cleaning up of them? How did people become so disgusting to dump their filth?

Have you ever perused a lay-by at your leisure?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 03:26 PM

Re: Have You Noticed The State Of Lay-bys These Days? They Are Disgusting!

I have never perused a lay-by, no. There was a series on C5 (I think) recently about fly-tipping, etc and the state of lay-bys were included in a number of episodes.

It seems to me that the culprits are mainly truckers parked up for the night and, yes, many of these are East European drivers.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I have never perused a lay-by, no. There was a series on C5 (I think) recently about fly-tipping, etc and the state of lay-bys were included in a number of episodes.

It seems to me that the culprits are mainly truckers parked up for the night and, yes, many of these are East European drivers.
Percy, l didn’t see that series. I just happened to stop in a lay-by...as you do and l couldn’t believe what l was seeing!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 04:16 PM

So just one lay-by then?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
They are full of faeces, usually bagged or freelance! Bottles of urine plus those done in an emergency, bags of food, stuff just dumped, other carrier bags of litter and other miscellaneous items!

Who is responsible for the cleaning up of them? How did people become so disgusting to dump their filth?

Have you ever perused a lay-by at your leisure?
I just happened to be driving down that road and saw a lady like yourself thumbing a lift. Being a gentleman I stopped and she got into the car. Didn't take long getting into a conversatrion. I asked her what she did for a living, She said she didn't have to work because she was a witch,

Na I said your joking, if your a witch prove it, so she put her hand on my upper leg and I turned into a lay-by
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 06:08 PM

I frequently used lay byes when I used to be on the road, and, I admit, I had a special bottle for emergencies although I emptied it and never left it there, I was lucky as I could use a toilet when I got to my next call, the thing is, there are no rest areas or truck stops or even public toilets for people on the road I’m talking about truckers mainly there’s no where to go when they need the toilet, of course it doesn’t excuse them leaving human excrement anywhere, but I’ve seen the state of some lay-bys so I know what art means...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 06:30 PM

There's a lot of dogging goes on in lay-bys .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
There's a lot of dogging goes on in lay-bys .....
....... and how do you know that, Omah?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
....... and how do you know that, Omah?
I came across "dogging" sites while countryside walking so I logged and mapped them in order that "sensitive souls" might avoid them while out on a ramble ....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I came across "dogging" sites while countryside walking so I logged and mapped them in order that "sensitive souls" might avoid them while out on a ramble ....
Do you have a copy of this map I could study? So that I can avoid them of course.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top