Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 09:50 PM

Re: A day out around the Somerset Riviera.

Very nice, Fruitcake.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 02:30 PM

Hi there Fruitbat, it's good to see you're still here & posting your (excellent BTW) photo's.

My apple ogees for the lengthy sojourn.
My health (let's just say I'm lighter than I used to be) and that of my parents has taken up much time and concentration this past year or two, but I feel ready ........ well, ready - ish.
Amac
North East of Scotland
Amac is male  Amac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 08:26 PM

Try looking at photo number 6 with your eyes half closed - it’s a bird on a nest!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:32 PM

great set of photos, Just check the horizon for level with the sea shots ( my big error as well usually). very easy to level up in editing.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Morning Rainbow. It's actually a double rainbow but the outer one hardly shows in the photo'.

Not far from Bristol Airport, looking towards the edge of the Mendip Hills.

I'm stumped.

Over the hills and far away, Crook Peak, a local landmark, in the distance.

One of the main highways through the county.

Hitch up your skirts and run, or, let's see which way the wind blows.

When two become one. An ivy clad tree.

On a hill between Chew Valley Lake and Bristol, so possible a chimley from an old pumping station.

An old pipe on the side with the remains of what looks like a broken pulley wheel.

This was nearby with the sound of water running constantly, so whatever it was originally for, what lies beneath still seems to be operational.

Home for their holidays, or is that, home for their quarantine.

Lovely Ubley church.

Panoramic view of Weston-super-Mud seafront, with a nasty weather-front approaching from the North. Brean Down on the left and Weston pier on the right.

Steepholme Island, in the Bristol Channel.

Another view of Steepholme and a land far, far away on the right (Wales).

The chimney is part of a Welsh power station.

After that we went back home for tea.
Nice set Fruitcake.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Amac ->
Try looking at photo number 6 with your eyes half closed - it’s a bird on a nest!
Yes, I see what you mean. I just thought it was an unusual and unique shape.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Hi there Fruitbat, it's good to see you're still here & posting your (excellent BTW) photo's.

My apple ogees for the lengthy sojourn.
My health (let's just say I'm lighter than I used to be) and that of my parents has taken up much time and concentration this past year or two, but I feel ready ........ well, ready - ish.
Nice to see you are still in the land of the upright as well. Like you, my family takes up a lot of my time. Taking them out for a ride around the County is one of the small pleasures we are still able to do, virus consniggering.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

18-10-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
great set of photos, Just check the horizon for level with the sea shots ( my big error as well usually). very easy to level up in editing.
I prefer to get a clear image of an interesting subject rather than do editing afterwards.

I have always had a slight hand tremor, and it is now much worse a-cause of the meds I take, so a clear image is a bigger priority (and challenge) than aligning the fore and back-ground. I can't always manage both, but you are right, levelling during editing is not difficult at all.

I tend to set the camera on rapid fire and rest it on something immovable to reduce hand tremble, so many of the shots were taken with said camera resting on various gates, or the car window sill.

For the sea shots I rested the camera on the Weston sea-wall, and being constructed from dressed stone, tweren't level.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Nice to see you are still in the land of the upright as well. Like you, my family takes up a lot of my time. Taking them out for a ride around the County is one of the small pleasures we are still able to do, virus consniggering.
Oh if only you knew how "land of the upright" squeaks literally!

I am not allowed to be flat in any circumstances nowadays (well apart from the inevitable) and I have to carry a blinkin' warning around with me to that effect!
No, not a placard.
Sleeping on a hill took some getting used to, I can tell you.

Anyways, moving on ..............
Your photos have been enjoyed by my betterer half too who is keen on image-capturing to the extent of doing courses and costing the equivalent of a small country's budget in equipment - and (I better whisper this bit) her attempts aren't of the same standard as yours.

I'm loving the moody skies, personally.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top