Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 01:02 PM

Re: Jealousy

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I can't stand boasters. Boasters try to make others jealous and I suppose it works on some people but most of us just think it is really childish. No matter what people have or own, there is always someone with more, it's just that they don't boast about it. So the answer is no, I don't get jealous of anyone.
I don't mind boasters Longdogs, I just feel sorry for them, but there's worse things they could be, and once you've figured out their little game it doesn't work anymore...
The rest of your post is spot on though. I couldn't give a dead rats ass about what anybody else has got, I'm content and happy with my lot in life....

By the way, did I tell you about the new chop saw I just bought.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 02:33 PM

I can't stand boasters. Boasters try to make others jealous and I suppose it works on some people but most of us just think it is really childish. No matter what people have or own, there is always someone with more, it's just that they don't boast about it. So the answer is no, I don't get jealous of anyone.

That's very true, Dongles.

Thyere is one thing habitual boasters don't have though - and that's contentment, because they will be always be seeking bigger, better, and more.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Don't worry, I dumped her when she wouldn't go dutch.

I don't blame you Ted.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't mind boasters Longdogs, I just feel sorry for them, but there's worse things they could be, and once you've figured out their little game it doesn't work anymore...
The rest of your post is spot on though. I couldn't give a dead rats ass about what anybody else has got, I'm content and happy with my lot in life....

By the way, did I tell you about the new chop saw I just bought.....
Mine has 'had it' now so I am very jealous.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-10-2020, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's very true, Dongles.

Thyere is one thing habitual boasters don't have though - and that's contentment, because they will be always be seeking bigger, better, and more.
Yes, I suppose so and its only really the jealous types that are so impressed by it that... they get jealous.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 03:25 PM

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 07:06 PM

Ah! the nouveau riche, they know I can spot them a mile away. They shrink into their Prada boots when they see me coming.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 07:48 PM

I am never jealous.
Jealous men are best avoided because they tend to be possessive too.
Jealousy is not a good trait in anyone.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 07:59 PM

I do remember being very jealous of Debbie Harry's boyfriend of the time (Chris Stein) but that was forty years ago.

What a beauty she was and still is , now I could be envious of her good looks . Shes still very sexy too . I'm guessing shes 65 now ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
What a beauty she was and still is , now I could be envious of her good looks . Shes still very sexy too . I'm guessing shes 65 now ?

Good grief Susan, I just looked that up and she was 75 in July!
Frightening how time flies, isn't it.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top