Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:31 PM

Re: Morning person or night owl

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm an early bird in my old age, go to bed at 8 or 9, read for an hour, and I'm up with the lark.

Well, I'm not really up, I'm in bed watching TV, sending emails on my laptop. Mrs d brings breakfast. We sleep in separate rooms, but always start the night and finish the night in the same bed. Mrs d is insomniac and will watch TV half the night in her boudoir.
Interesting that you have separate bedrooms DooD, I thought that was reserved for the aristocracy! Are you hiding a title somewhere under your bed?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Morning people the both of us, 9pm and we're off to our beds and at 5am we're both up and about, it works for us....
I am also a morning person
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-11-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I’m neither. Dog and I prepare for bed about 9. Out for a walk or outside for her to wee, and by 9.30, 9.45 we could be in bed, me to read for a short while. I like to wake up naturally in the mornings and hate having to set an alarm. Could get up about 7.30, 8, good enough for me. Might be awake earlier, go downstairs and make a coffee, take back to bed, then stay there a bit longer.
It’s wonderful that you follow a natural sleep pattern without an alarm clock!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-11-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Morning for me. Usually about 0630.
I am also a morning person! Work starts promptly at 08h00. Due to Covid-19, its work from home for me.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-11-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I’m the morning person and Mrs M is the night owl. We’ve been married for 55 years now so we must have been doing something right.
Wow! Congratulations- that’s way more years than I’ve been alive! A lovely lifetime together- you’re truly blessed
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-11-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Night owl me - hate early mornings but have been seeing a few lately due to insomnia.
I hope your insomnia improves- did you try bedtime soothing music or a bedtime camomile tea?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-11-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We both go to bed between 9-9.30pm but my Husband is up at 5am and i'm up at 6am, and our Cats gets us up 5/6 times a night as she is getting old and needs attention.
Shame, your poor cat, it’s like having a baby to get up for. It must be difficult to see her get old.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-11-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am both!
I don’t spend all my life in bed these days. I go to bed when l am tired and get up immediately when l wake.
I usually only sleep for six to seven hours but it’s a deep, deep sleep until l wake.
I don’t feel grumpy at either of these times and l don’t need six cups of tea or coffee to revive me like some people l know! (In real life, not on here!)
How wonderful that you get up in a good mood! I also know a few of those people in my life!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-11-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I love the sound of morning. We back onto national park land so the birds are a natural alarm. My wife and I are both morning people. Our son? ..nosso mucho.
You’re truly blessed and I can just imagine the beautiful view! My son is much the same - it must be a teenage thing!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:29 PM

I used to be a night owl when I worked in the entertainment industry and would go to bed as the sun came up and get up mid to late afternoon.

Most of the rest of my working life was shift work so life and sleep revolved about that. it has to be said that I was able to sleep at work and that the arrival of 12 hour shifts made a big difference.

When I retired it took me ages to stop waking at 4.30am but now I wake at 6.30am to get up about 7 to 7.30am and I go to bed about midnight. That seems to suit me best at the moment but not sure if that makes me an early bird or night owl.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top