Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 09:03 PM

Re: Scars, most of us have them so...

Scars? Yes. Some from accidents, some from things such as leeches (real ones), some from attacks, but none from things emotional.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 09:05 PM

I used to have one just above my eye but you can't see it anymore. I was standing on the headrest of the sofa aged about three or four waving at my parents though the window as they had just come home. Fell down the back of the sofa and banged my eye on the toy telephone. I still remember how much it swelled up and the spectacular colours. Lucky to not have lost my vision.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Scars? Yes. Some from accidents, some from things such as leeches (real ones), some from attacks, but none from things emotional.
I’m interested to hear more about the leeches if you’re willing. Sounds interesting!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Wow Visitor, is there anyway in Africa that you haven’t been to? You had your face stitched in a third world country by site surgeon? I would have insisted on a plastic surgeon! Actually I did when my ex broke my nose with a chopping board because I suggested sandwiches for dinner instead of a cooked meal as I was tired the one day after work. I was not bringing my Western friends ideas home - you see. So I had to ‘learn’ who is the boss. I made sure that he had to pay up to fix my nose proper. Still have that scar but not a highlight in my life.
Ouch! My ex-wife did something similar.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I used to have one just above my eye but you can't see it anymore. I was standing on the headrest of the sofa aged about three or four waving at my parents though the window as they had just come home. Fell down the back of the sofa and banged my eye on the toy telephone. I still remember how much it swelled up and the spectacular colours. Lucky to not have lost my vision.
That was a close call. My daughter had a similar injury and scar. She stood on a chair to turn up the radio and slipped and cut her eyebrow open on her toy crown which was on the floor.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-11-2020, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Ouch! My ex-wife did something similar.
Well, there’s a reason why they’re ex’s
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I’m interested to hear more about the leeches if you’re willing. Sounds interesting!
I picked a couple up conducting a site visit after a fatal accident on the biggest contract that I ever worked on. Rain forest just outside Manaus (Brasil) up to my knees in muddy water.

Most of the time I seldom left my office in Botafogo or my flat in Ipanema but on occasions I just had to go up country.

Leeches are HORRID. Can't feel the SOB's as they bite but have to be removed very carefully. Preferably by a medic.

Schmocko here didn't. As a result ended up with a very nasty infection.

(ANY infection out there is a potential bad infection).

Given various antibiotics but took time to clear and left with very obvious craters as a result of the onset of cellulitis.

My wife was NOT impressed when I came home for my "one week in four" visit home and she saw the mess. It's still very obvious even after a tad over twenty-five years.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:17 PM

I've got 3 scars, one from an accident as a child and 2 from surgeries, ectopic pregnancy and gallbladder removal, both open surgeries as they couldn't do keyhole.

The accident was when I was about 12. I was riding my new bike I'd gotten for Christmas and my friend was riding behind me, I looked back to see if she was still close to me when I lost control of my bike and fell off. Luckily no cars were coming. I ended up with a stone from the road stuck above my eyebrow, Mum had to get it out with tweezers, ouch. I've still got the scar but it's barely noticable to anyone else unless you look close.

I was more worried about my bike though, I was heartbroken that the fork of my new bike was damaged so I couldn't ride my bike again.

Bit boring compared to the stuff in here but anyway thats my scar stories. lol
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:29 PM

Sorry you went through an ectopic LQ. That must have been awful. Did you lose the ovary?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:33 PM

One scar from an accident when I was about 4 years old and a couple more scars from an operation.

The one gained at an early age was caused by falling backwards through a closed window. The glass removed a bit of scalp, so had a bald patch there all my life. Not noticeable because the rest of the hair.

Got a scar about 12" long across my middle and another about 4" long at bladder level. Cancer operation when I was 40 years old.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top