Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:33 PM

Re: Scars, most of us have them so...

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sorry you went through an ectopic LQ. That must have been awful. Did you lose the ovary?
Yes Annie, I have one tube and one ovary. I had never heard of an ectopic until I had one myself. I do feel sad about it as I lost a child but I always think things happen for a reason, well thats how I comfort myself. I did get pregnant again but I lost that child due to miscarriage. I never got pregnant again after that, it wasn't meant to be sadly. I'm glad I had my Son before those happening.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Yes Annie, I have one tube and one ovary. I had never heard of an ectopic until I had one myself. I do feel sad about it as I lost a child but I always think things happen for a reason, well thats how I comfort myself. I did get pregnant again but I lost that child due to miscarriage. I never got pregnant again after that, it wasn't meant to be sadly. I'm glad I had my Son before those happening.
That must have so hard to go through, makes me emotional just reading it. Hugs
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That must have so hard to go through, makes me emotional just reading it. Hugs
Thank you Annie. It was hard on us both and I often feel sad about it but life has to go on and does go on. Thank you for the virtual hug. Don't worry, I'm fine xxxxx
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 06:05 AM

I was bashed and kicked by a skinhead when I was 19. I had internal injuries and a couple of badly broken ribs that required some surgery. That was nearly 50 years ago now I have long recovered. But I still have some faint scars on my abdomen. I feel lucky every time I see them. It could have been a lot worse.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:12 AM

8th grade school fight. Bigger lad picked me up and threw me through a window. Laid my calf open to the bone. Surgeon had to stitch an artery, veins and muscle. 42 stitches. long scar that has been white for 6 decades. Had it not been for the school nurse, I'd have bled out long before I got to the hospital.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 07:47 AM

I have quite a funny scar.....a sort of X marks the spot from a gall bladder op
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:21 AM

I have two from childhood - listed on my passport - both my own fault.

First 4 yrs old - watching elder brother cutting out pictures from a paper using razor blades. Gradually became aware that, when I moved my fingers, something rippled under the skin on the back of my hand. Ever curious, I wanted to see what it was - took one of the brother's razor blades and cut through the skin to have a look. Unfortunately - I hit a vein - blood everywhere in minutes. Trip to A&E - four sutures - and a two inch long scar on my left hand!

Second 5 yrs old - Playing cricket on the green with the brother (12yrs) - and enjoying the game - he was teaching me to bowl properly. Girl his own age arrives on scene. She was very pretty, could already bowl properly - and she fancied him. I was relegated to fielder. Not happy about it - said I was going home - walked behind him just as he swung the bat. Caught me just above right eye - knocked me unconscious - split the skin - blood everywhere. Another trip to A&E - no sutures needed - small scar above right eyebrow.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 10:17 AM

Apart from 30 years of picking up cuts all over my hands and fingers from working on commercial laundry, as the edges were never finished off and they were like razor blades, I have a scar and a hole, ( all healed up) from major surgery eleven years ago where I had to have an emergency colestomy operation, my scar starts from just above the pubic line to about four or five inches above my navel, in fact, it goes right through my belly button, I can still see the scars from the metal clips that held me together, and a roundish scar where the hole was where the stoma bag was, it reminds me of how lucky I was to survive before the peritonitis turned into sepsis, after the initial op, I had six months of recovery, ( two months off work) before I had to return to hospital for the reversal and another two months off work and a further few months recovery...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Apart from 30 years of picking up cuts all over my hands and fingers from working on commercial laundry, as the edges were never finished off and they were like razor blades, I have a scar and a hole, ( all healed up) from major surgery eleven years ago where I had to have an emergency colestomy operation, my scar starts from just above the pubic line to about four or five inches above my navel, in fact, it goes right through my belly button, I can still see the scars from the metal clips that held me together, and a roundish scar where the hole was where the stoma bag was, it reminds me of how lucky I was to survive before the peritonitis turned into sepsis, after the initial op, I had six months of recovery, ( two months off work) before I had to return to hospital for the reversal and another two months off work and a further few months recovery...
Ouch - sounds really nasty, Primus. Glad you came through it OK.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ouch - sounds really nasty, Primus. Glad you came through it OK.
Yes ST, even today I can smell a certain type of bathroom cleaner and I’m right back there, Mrs,p hates st Nicholas fair as it had just opened when I went in to hospital..

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top