Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 07:55 AM

Re: Now Tell the Truth.....Would You?

Don't think folks send letters anymore, the kids TV series has been renamed "Parcelman Pat".
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 07:56 AM

Well as I hang my teabags out to dry of course I’d use it again
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I doubt that I'd even notice if it wasn't franked. Besides who receives letters with stamps these days?..I can't remember the last time I posted a letter let alone one with a stamp
All our letters have to have stamps on, Keezoy, otherwise they are not delivered. What do you use as an alternative?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
You are very lucky in that regard then Bruce. Here in the UK at the current cost of 1st Class stamps (76p) that would be worth £38 (nearly 69 Australian dollars), we get no concessions whatsoever. That is other than regular price increases every single year, prices increase to 85p (1.53 Australian dollars?) again soon, I believe that is to compensate for the loss of revenue due to e-mailing.
I don't want to mislead you. We don't get free stamps we get postage stamps for 60c instead of $1.10 to post a letter anywhere in Australia. So it's a saving of $25 a year.

I think it is brilliant even at full price when you consider the size of Australia. There is no first or second class but there is express delivery which guarantees delivery next day between capital cities (never used it myself).

Normal postage can take several days from one country area to another country area and now I only get delivery every two days to my house because of delays caused by Covid (that's BS in my opinion). However i have always had a PO Box in Australia which still get daily delivery.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You receive a letter or a card with an unfranked postage stamp on it.

Would you use the stamp again?
Certainly not Arty, speaking as a retired postman...And I would report anyone who would do such a thing...

If a postman/woman sees a letter with an unfranked stamp we were supposed to put a line through it with a pen before delivering it.

We also had to return oversize cards with the wrong stamp on.....I never did either of those things, A bit petty I thought....

As a postman though, I used to get two sheets of first class stamps each Christmas which Mrs Fox found very helpful. We just cut down on the booze now to afford all the postage.... Well! Mrs Fox's Gin anyway....
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You receive a letter or a card with an unfranked postage stamp on it.

Would you use the stamp again?
Of course! Trim around it and then float it off in a saucer with a splash of water in it. When fully dry apply it again with a dab of PritStik
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:56 PM

In honesty, yes I would.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:06 PM

Me? I may be many things but I'm not that petty.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Me? I may be many things but I'm not that petty.

You sure?😅😂🤣😜
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't want to mislead you. We don't get free stamps we get postage stamps for 60c instead of $1.10 to post a letter anywhere in Australia. So it's a saving of $25 a year.

I think it is brilliant even at full price when you consider the size of Australia. There is no first or second class but there is express delivery which guarantees delivery next day between capital cities (never used it myself).

Normal postage can take several days from one country area to another country area and now I only get delivery every two days to my house because of delays caused by Covid (that's BS in my opinion). However i have always had a PO Box in Australia which still get daily delivery.
No Bruce, you didn't mislead me as I missed the words 'reduced price' instead reading it as a 'concession' (free allowance), a good deal even so as we get absolutely nothing in the UK. In fact as a matter of interest I have just posted a Christmas card to family in Tasmania, the cost was £2.50 (4.49 AUD). The card cost far less that so it went in with my regular two- or three-month letter to my cousin which costs the same.

I understand my letters take 10-14 days to reach Tasmania. My cousin will not use e-mail but tried this a while back and struggled with an iPad, especially the keyboard.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top