Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 05:10 PM

Re: Plusnet Charges and Increases

Plusnet is owned by BT:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plusnet

Plusnet plc is a British quad play internet service provider (ISP); providing broadband, landline, IPTV and Mobile services. The company was founded in 1997 in Sheffield, England, and became a public limited company (plc) in July 2004 when it was floated on the Alternative Investment Market. On 30 January 2007, Plusnet was acquired by BT Group, but it continues to operate as a separate business. By December 2013, it had over 750,000 customers across the UK.

Plusnet also operates a number of additional businesses: Metronet and John Lewis Broadband in partnership with John Lewis.

In 2018, Plusnet was brought into BT Group's BT Consumer division, the CEO of which is Marc Allera.

In November 2019, Andy Baker stepped down as CEO of Plusnet and in 2020 Plusnet corporate staff will be transferred to BT contracts.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Lindy, I've just had a thought. Phone Plusnet and tell them you'll renew with them but only if they'll treat you as a new customer otherwise you're off to another provider.
My own thoughts exactly.

My "fixed" contract ends in the middle of February, but my line rental - paid in advance - ends in April. So any new contract I start will mean about 2.5 months of my line rental being voided! Bad practice on behalf of PlusNet I believe and possibly falls foul of the Sales of Goods and Services Act.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
My own thoughts exactly.

My "fixed" contract ends in the middle of February, but my line rental - paid in advance - ends in April. So any new contract I start will mean about 2.5 months of my line rental being voided! Bad practice on behalf of PlusNet I believe and possibly falls foul of the Sales of Goods and Services Act.

When the contract ends, Plusnet will have to reimburse you the months you've paid for your phone line rental.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
When the contract ends, Plusnet will have to reimburse you the months you've paid for your phone line rental.
Will they? I doubt they'll volunteer a refund unless there's some legal obligation to do so.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:48 AM

Lindyloo knows I'm stuck into a contract with them too so I'll be interested in the outcome . My line rental and contract end at different times too and unfortunately I renewed last May and now tied in until 2022. It becomes worrying when time comes to change firstly you dont know if the new company are good and as we know a year into the contract they hike up the price

Good luck Lindy
Lindyloo
isle of wight

12-01-2021, 03:09 PM

All done! Stayed with Plusnet as they've been 100% reliable so far. They're sending a new router - which I'm not sure I need - and charging me £6.95 p&p.
Checked my download speed and it's 17.27 - which shows I already have fibre bb.

I've signed up for the £22.99 pm deal (one of their Best Buys on here: https://www.plus.net/broadband/ which comprises £2.70 for broadband and £20.29 line rental. Have agreed to pay their line rental saver of £213.03 for 12 mths from May, so will be paying them £2.70 pm from now as I have 4 months line rental saver from my last annual payment.

Loads of t's & c's

Glad to get it over and done with and to know it's not as complicated as I'd thought..........and didn't even have to tell them about the six other quotes I could have gone for!!

Thanks for all the input and advice - gratefully received and read.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 04:55 PM

Well done. The new router will be of great help (Sky sent me one last year when I renewed because the technology had been updated). I hope all goes well.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

12-01-2021, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Well done. The new router will be of great help (Sky sent me one last year when I renewed because the technology had been updated). I hope all goes well.
Thanks PV - much appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top