Join for free
Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:19 PM

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Sorry, OGF. Interesting argument but it has absolutely no basis in reality. According to your beliefs, even our own galaxy does not exist. Hence, when we look at the stars in the night sky, we are seeing our own sun reflected back at us ????

Moreover, according to you, when astronomers take photos of a super-nova (exploding star) what they are actually seeing is our own sun exploding in the distant past . Hmm that's quite funny.

You should contact all of the world's astronomers and explain to them that they are wrong.

In a previous post you mentioned, God. I think I should point out that if there is one single thing which has tried desperately to keep mankind ignorant, it is the belief in a God.
You obviously haven't read correctly what I wrote bakerman.
I didn't suggest that we are observing our own reflection when we look out to space. Your mind is still working in Earth proportions. Imagine being able to see as far as we can into space. Past the furthest stars in the night sky and beyond. It takes thousands of years for the images of some of the things we are seeing to reach us. So we are seeing them in the past. Some of those worlds will have long since disintegrated before the image reaches us.
Did you do the demonstration with the two mirrors bakerman and JB......I thought not!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:37 PM

Time and distance, been the basis for Black Cab Drivers for years.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I didn't suggest that we are observing our own reflection when we look out to space. Your mind is still working in Earth proportions. Imagine being able to see as far as we can into space. Past the furthest stars in the night sky and beyond. It takes thousands of years for the images of some of the things we are seeing to reach us. So we are seeing them in the past. Some of those worlds will have long since disintegrated before the image reaches us.
Did you do the demonstration with the two mirrors bakerman and JB......I thought not!
Ah, now I see what you meant. We are seeing them as they were in the past.

I didn't understand what you were driving at at first.

I'm still not sure how the business of the two mirrors relates to that, though. Even your furthest reflection isn't you in the past.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, now I see what you meant. We are seeing them as they were in the past.

I didn't understand what you were driving at at first.

I'm still not sure how the business of the two mirrors relates to that, though. Even your furthest reflection isn't you in the past.

It would be, if furthest reflection was a few million light years away JB. We are taking infinity......further than we can see, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:13 PM

[/B]

It would be, if furthest reflection was a few million light years away JB. We are taking infinity......further than we can see, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I don't think you'd see that far. Try it. You'd see maybe a dozen reflections, if that.

The theory is sound, though.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:37 PM

I read your post correctly. I just think that such a notion is bizarre ... in the extreme.

Question: when astronomers photograph images of a super nova (exploding star), according to you, they are seeing our own star exploding in the distant past ???
Moreover, according to you, galaxies do not even exist. that's hilarious.
But, maybe your God is a cosmic comedian ???? He (she ?) put those images out there to mess with our minds.

Photo of our own "Milky Way" galaxy. Which OGF believes does not exist. Hah Ha this is getting funnier and funnier.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	OIP.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	14535  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-01-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I read your post correctly. I just think that such a notion is bizarre ... in the extreme.

Question: when astronomers photograph images of a super nova (exploding star), according to you, they are seeing our own star exploding in the distant past ???
Moreover, according to you, galaxies do not even exist. that's hilarious.
But, maybe your God is a cosmic comedian ???? He (she ?) put those images out there to mess with our minds.

Photo of our own "Milky Way" galaxy. Which OGF believes does not exist. Hah Ha this is getting funnier and funnier.
No. We are seeing a distant star exploding in the distant past.

If we ever saw our own star exploding, we wouldn't be seeing it for very long!

I have to admit that I cannot understand some of OGF's theories. I'm not saying he's not wrong; it could just be that I'm like a reusable johnny (a bit thick).
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:19 AM

Of course we do. We have existed for years, we're the slime oozing out of your TV sets

Frank Zappa
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No. We are seeing a distant star exploding in the distant past.

If we ever saw our own star exploding, we wouldn't be seeing it for very long!

I have to admit that I cannot understand some of OGF's theories. I'm not saying he's not wrong; it could just be that I'm like a reusable johnny (a bit thick).
Yes, of course we are seeing a distant star exploding in the past. However, according to OGF, there are no distant stars. He thinks that they are merely "reflections" of other stars perhaps the reflections of one single star, multiplied many times as the "reflection" gets bounced around ? Kinda hard to make any sense of gibberish.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:33 PM

Do extra terrestrials exist.

I hope they are doing better than that, living a full life? No one wants to just exist do they.

Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top