Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:09 PM

Hats Off To Royal Mail...

The postman delivered a late Christmas card the other day.
It was from some friends that live just two miles away.
It had a second class stamp on it and it has been all round the country, covering more miles than I do in a year!...

Being a bit absent minded she only put the first line of our address on the card, no Doncaster, or postcode and the Royal Mail (Bless them) sent it to every address in the country that matched the first line of our address until it arrived here at the correct one...Absolutely Brilliant..... Well done and thank you Royal Mail.

After working as a postman myself, I have seen first hand the trouble that the lads and lasses in the delivery office will go to, to make sure that everything gets delivered to the correct address however ineligible the writing on the envelope is....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:26 PM

Re: Hats Off To Royal Mail...

I think our posties are great - out in all weathers - and looking after us as well - mine knocked at the door yesterday - although there was no post for me - to make sure I was OK because he noticed I hadn't taken the milk in!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:59 PM

Well done to the Posties, they don’t get the appreciation they deserve. 👏
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:17 PM

Posties are marvelous people, they help us keep in touch with all our friends & relatives.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:45 PM

Silver Tabby, that's brilliant, well done to your postie,, ours is a lovely lad, he waves in the window if he sees us there and always very pleasant....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:49 PM

Royal Mail have just announced there will be 'hold ups' to post deliveries due to staff absences caused by illness and isolating.They will try to make sure vaccination notifications are delivered.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:53 PM

Hi

Our postie is great.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 03:39 PM

My postman is a nice obliging man. Is ‘postie’ a northern word as l have never heard it said around here.

I think a postman’s job is enviable in the summer when it’s lovely and sunny but maybe not so much in the winter or when it’s cold/bad weather.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 03:42 PM

Have never had any problem with royal mail. Hats off to them all.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Have never had any problem with royal mail. Hats off to them all.
Especially, if his name is Larry!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top