Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 05:31 PM

Re: Driving me mad

Some speed limit signs are a "nice little earner" for the people who put them there.

As for the "should have known better" responses, I'm a bit surprised that there are so many innocent people around!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Some speed limit signs are a "nice little earner" for the people who put them there.

As for the "should have known better" responses, I'm a bit surprised that there are so many innocent people around!

Some speed limit signs, can also save lives!....why else do we have speed limit signs, just for a nice little earner, don’t think so.

As for “ speeding “ yes they should know better......we’ve had enough vids on how dangerous speeding is, and deaths due to speeding.....not sure what innocence has got to do with speeding.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Didn't they offer her a speed-awareness course? My S-i-L got done for speeding on a stretch of motorway and was fined but could go on the S-A course to prevent points being added to her licence.
My Son did that course too, he enjoyed it & no points on his license.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My Son did that course too, he enjoyed it & no points on his license.
Same here. Must have been nearly 10 years ago (doing 35mph in a 30 zone). Very informative indeed.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:39 PM

Get an electric scooter
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Some speed limit signs, can also save lives!....why else do we have speed limit signs, just for a nice little earner, don’t think so.

As for “ speeding “ yes they should know better......we’ve had enough vids on how dangerous speeding is, and deaths due to speeding.....not sure what innocence has got to do with speeding.
Pauline,

If you spend a lot of time on Motorways, for example, you might notice that drivers slow right down, to go through speed checked stretches, and then speed back up at the other end.

Speeding is dangerous.

So is parking up, in safe areas on Motorways, when you break down.

Speeding might be fixed if they get serious and start taking the driving licence away for, say, a month, for the 1st offence & then longer afterwards.

Then they need to ban fancy traffic speed warning attached to satnavs, etc, which might stop drivers from knowing where all the cameras are, and slowing at the check points.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 04:10 PM

Dex, we are seeing the same delays her. While we all have to tolerate these delays, our concerns are that many institutions will make this sort of delay standard operating procedure long after Covid-19. We are already seeing people make excuses about being late and blaming Covid when it isn't at play, at all.

We have to be prepared to make demands for pre-Covid baselines of operations when it's all said and done.

Otherwise it will be akin to the delays and frustrations we have all sxperienced all over Russia and third world countries.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I'm no innocent Ted; I just haven't been caught yet!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Dex, we are seeing the same delays her. While we all have to tolerate these delays, our concerns are that many institutions will make this sort of delay standard operating procedure long after Covid-19. We are already seeing people make excuses about being late and blaming Covid when it isn't at play, at all.

We have to be prepared to make demands for pre-Covid baselines of operations when it's all said and done.

Otherwise it will be akin to the delays and frustrations we have all sxperienced all over Russia and third world countries.
Thanks Surfer. There will be additional delays clearing backlogs (which will be even longer due to staff absences).

Not sure how the US is rolling the vaccine out. In the UK it seems to largely be aged based, with a few variations for some types of key worker.

Cannot help but wonder if the roll out should be redesigned to that it targets different types of jobs first.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top