Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 08:01 AM

This is Africa

I’ve been to this place in Namibia. An unusually beautiful land and breathtaking campsite.
I have the same off-road caravan. Take a look at the surprise event!

Trouble has arrived:

The resilience of the Conqueror:

They say, Africa is not for Sissies (the timid).
Videos in English (with a dash of Afrikaans on the side)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:38 PM

Re: This is Africa

Wouldn't have been able to drive out of there with an electric vehicle....Awesome Minx...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Wouldn't have been able to drive out of there with an electric vehicle....Awesome Minx...
The vehicle is a Jeep. Sturdy and reliable. I’ve got a Toyota Fortuner. Had 4x4 lessons to get out of tricky situations. My caravan is one size bigger than the one in the video (I needed more space for my clothes and makeup ) This type of Glamping is an awesome experience though
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:42 PM

I do hope that you had your pots and pans well stowed...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I do hope that you had your pots and pans well stowed...
Everything is properly stowed away. Maximum use of space.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 01:16 PM

I think Japanese vehicles or Jeeps seem to be the preferred 4X4's these days Minx. It used to be Land Rovers but they started having reliability issues. Not so good when your life depends on it. We have had similar things happen here when some caravans were washed away in North Wales, and here in Yorkshire where villages are usually sited in valleys, that are only there because the rivers forged them out in the past. Only natural that sooner or later it's going to flood...

I think most people have a rain related camping story to tell except me.....I always take my plastic with me and stay in 5 star...... Bugger that!...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think Japanese vehicles or Jeeps seem to be the preferred 4X4's these days Minx. It used to be Land Rovers but they started having reliability issues. Not so good when your life depends on it. We have had similar things happen here when some caravans were washed away in North Wales, and here in Yorkshire where villages are usually sited in valleys, that are only there because the rivers forged them out in the past. Only natural that sooner or later it's going to flood...

I think most people have a rain related camping story to tell except me.....I always take my plastic with me and stay in 5 star...... Bugger that!...
True. This area is the Fish River Canyon so this was bound to happen. Enjoy your 5 stars
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-01-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
True. This area is the Fish River Canyon so this was bound to happen. Enjoy your 5 stars
With such speed though Minx, at least here we do get a bit of warning...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the videos Minx !
Made me feel homesick !!
Those geysers must have been townies ??
Fancy parking in a riverbed ?!?!

Donkeyman! 👍😃👍
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Thanks for the videos Minx !
Made me feel homesick !!
Those geysers must have been townies ??
Fancy parking in a riverbed ?!?!

Donkeyman! 👍😃👍
I thought the same. It’s clearly a riverbed but get this, the campsite is in the Fish River CANYON

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top