Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Re: This is Africa

That's just amazing how fickle nature reclaims the land.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 05:01 AM

Wow! That was some footage. Jeep and the camper manufacturer should be all over those owners trying to purchase the rights for advertising. I am amazed that with that velocity of the water that any of it was salvageable at all.

I still can't figure out how they got into that situation though. Were they driving in through floodwaters or had they pitched their camp right there in fit flood plain? Know you're location and know the weather, though easy for me to say.

We once pitched camp in our RV on what turned out to be an Alaskan outback airstrip where we built a bonfire, let the kids ride their bikes, where our friends also set up their RV. Bad can happen fast, but we were lucky.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 05:47 AM

I lived in S.Africa Port Elizbeth for a few years, i didn't travel to far due to work commitments but what i did see was one beautiful country and the wild life was amazing

One day i'll go back with any luck
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I thought the same. It’s clearly a riverbed but get this, the campsite is in the Fish River CANYON
I don't think they camped there Minx, just parked there whilst
crossing the DRY riverbed ??
It looked cloudy so it probably rained upstream ??
I would never camp on all those rocks would you??
I saw one of the ladies had been swimming in the flood !!😀😀

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I don't think they camped there Minx, just parked there whilst
crossing the DRY riverbed ??
It looked cloudy so it probably rained upstream ??
I would never camp on all those rocks would you??
I saw one of the ladies had been swimming in the flood !!😀😀

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Donkeyman, I assure you, they set up camp there! The caravan windows and sleep area was fully opened !

Absolutely not! I would never camp in a Canyon. I’m quite particular and yes, the area is rocky but I think the flood waters brought the rocks.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Wow! That was some footage. Jeep and the camper manufacturer should be all over those owners trying to purchase the rights for advertising. I am amazed that with that velocity of the water that any of it was salvageable at all.

I still can't figure out how they got into that situation though. Were they driving in through floodwaters or had they pitched their camp right there in fit flood plain? Know you're location and know the weather, though easy for me to say.

We once pitched camp in our RV on what turned out to be an Alaskan outback airstrip where we built a bonfire, let the kids ride their bikes, where our friends also set up their RV. Bad can happen fast, but we were lucky.
Yes! It’s great advertising. It’s really well built and weighs a ton.
Is it true that there’s lots of insects in Summer in Alaska? Would love to see Alaska as well!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

14-01-2021, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
I lived in S.Africa Port Elizbeth for a few years, i didn't travel to far due to work commitments but what i did see was one beautiful country and the wild life was amazing

The Windy City! You must have visited Ado Elephant Park! My favourite of the big 5 is the Elephant.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

14-01-2021, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's just amazing how fickle nature reclaims the land.
Yes, its unbelievable and ruthless but that’s nature.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
The Windy City! You must have visited Ado Elephant Park! My favourite of the big 5 is the Elephant.

Ado Elephant park yes fine memories of being chased by a bull Elephant and my wife nearly S*****NG a brick,

Yes and the Berg winds coming off the Sahara that was strong enough to take the paint off your car

.... Basser
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->

Surely you went to Addo elephant park basser??
It's much bigger now and has some lions as well,living off the land
and not fed like the ones we see here!
I also lived in PE for a while !

Donkeyman! 👍👍

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top