Join for free
Page 50 of 52 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:28 PM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

In the beginning................not quite as far back as that, but many people believe that animals exist as food for humans. that belief goes back very many years and exists to this day. I think people from larger country's which have greater scope for agriculture and farming, believe this more than (say) the UK.............as our potential for livestock and agriculture has lessened as our population has grown.

France is a vast country and has masses of land. As an example - foie gras - the force feeding of ducks to fatten their livers. Cruel, disgusting (to us) - but perfectly acceptable to the French.

Most British people now buy their "fresh" meat from a supermarket. Would they eat it if they had to kill it? French farmers will kill an animal and celebrate by having a party!

Which country is out of touch? Us? or them?

Which country has the greater potential for survival?

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
In the beginning................not quite as far back as that, but many people believe that animals exist as food for humans. that belief goes back very many years and exists to this day. I think people from larger country's which have greater scope for agriculture and farming, believe this more than (say) the UK.............as our potential for livestock and agriculture has lessened as our population has grown.

France is a vast country and has masses of land. As an example - foie gras - the force feeding of ducks to fatten their livers. Cruel, disgusting (to us) - but perfectly acceptable to the French.

Most British people now buy their "fresh" meat from a supermarket. Would they eat it if they had to kill it? French farmers will kill an animal and celebrate by having a party!

Which country is out of touch? Us? or them?

Which country has the greater potential for survival?

I'm not a vegetarian. Neither am I from the planet Vega.
Nevertheless, I am not against eating meat or fish.
I believe it is necessary.
But I see no reason for torturing animals. They should be killed, if necessary, in a painless way.

Now don't get me talking about Frogs. You know where that's going to go.
People who eat frogs' legs and snails must have something wrong with them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not a vegetarian. Neither am I from the planet Vega.
Nevertheless, I am not against eating meat or fish.
I believe it is necessary.
But I see no reason for torturing animals. They should be killed, if necessary, in a painless way.

Now don't get me talking about Frogs. You know where that's going to go.

Well they're French for starters.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Some would say sub-human.

Of course, I wouldn't say such a thing.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ba ha ha. You blokes have obviously never been to the seaside and had whelks or to Asia and eaten chilli snails.

Yumm...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 11:19 PM

According to the news this morning the Chinese ban on Australian coal has actually had no effect on our export market for coal.

Because of a cold winter China has been forced to source coal from other countries (like Russia) and have forced the price of coal up dramatically. Countries who used to source their from these places have then turned to Australia to buy our coal.

Meanwhile 2020 was one of the three hottest years on record and if nothing is done about carbon in the atmosphere global temperatures are predicted to rise by 3 to 5' this century.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
According to the news this morning the Chinese ban on Australian coal has actually had no effect on our export market for coal.

Because of a cold winter China has been forced to source coal from other countries (like Russia) and have forced the price of coal up dramatically. Countries who used to source their from these places have then turned to Australia to buy our coal.

Meanwhile 2020 was one of the three hottest years on record and if nothing is done about carbon in the atmosphere global temperatures are predicted to rise by 3 to 5' this century.
Nothing can be done Bruce, it's a fool's errand to think we can....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 10:06 AM

Thanks. possibly, to Mr Biden, the whole sorry story of the start of C19 virus is becoming news again.

After the reviews by research groups, and suggestions (mainly from China) that it really was all a conspiracy theory, it's all coming back!

Once again we're back to being a leak from Wuhan Labs.

The DT, today, is full of it!

Bring it on!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nothing can be done Bruce, it's a fool's errand to think we can....
That just is not so.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Thanks. possibly, to Mr Biden, the whole sorry story of the start of C19 virus is becoming news again.

After the reviews by research groups, and suggestions (mainly from China) that it really was all a conspiracy theory, it's all coming back!

Once again we're back to being a leak from Wuhan Labs.

The DT, today, is full of it!

Bring it on!
Seems creepy Joe had nothing to do with it - he was too busy groping another prepubescent child - again. The research by a Norwegian and a British scientist have proven that the Whoo Hoo Flu was genetically engineered and did not emerge from a "wet market"

Page 50 of 52 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top