Join for free
Page 88 of 95 « First < 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 > Last »
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 12:14 AM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Currently I am sticking to lightweight, feel good books. Fannie Flagg's "The Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop" is her newest, and I've just finished it.

"Fried Green Tomatoes" and "The Whole Town's Talking" are two of my favorites of hers.

Brits probably won't relate, but those of us in the states love the down home in the South flavor of her style of writing.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 01:21 AM

Mort by Terry Pratchett. For the umpteenth time, run out of 'new' books.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 01:51 PM

I love reading but often get stuck on the first two-three pages of a book then starting the next. So I have roughly speaking about 50 books on the go, History, horror, Advance Get rich quick for the gullible, Get fit watching telly - Im big on the 'help your self books'. Specially if they are free - but will only admit to say 10 because it makes me look a shifty.

However I did complete Megan and Harry by Lady Colin Cambell and I now feel connected to the royals by way of sharing a thorough and ongoing cringe.

I Also finished A Trump expose by his niece which was entertaining.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 11:02 AM

Just getting into David Jasons "Lessons I Learned".
Some one gave me it for Christmas but its been years since I got my head stuck in a book.
Got tons of stuff to catch up with on my shelves.
The book so far is what I was expecting rather funny in places, well in all places actually.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:08 PM

Halfway through the latest 'Rebus' novel - A Song For The Dark Times by Ian Rankin. Rebus in retirement still fencing with his criminal counterpart Big Ger Cafferty and aided as always by Siobhan Clarke. Despite his age and COPD, Rebus keeps entertaining us.
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:45 PM

Have just finished the very moving "The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri".

Nuri, a beekeeper, and his wife Afra who has become blind, leave worn torn Syria, and make a perilous journey, hoping to join family in the UK. It is beautifully and lovingly written.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 01:07 PM

Just finished Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 02:41 PM

Currently reading John Marrs 'When you disappeared'
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Currently I am sticking to lightweight, feel good books. Fannie Flagg's "The Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop" is her newest, and I've just finished it.

"Fried Green Tomatoes" and "The Whole Town's Talking" are two of my favorites of hers.

Brits probably won't relate, but those of us in the states love the down home in the South flavor of her style of writing.
Strange to come across this post. I too have been leaning towards the "feel good factor" whilst reading. I have just finished rereading "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Redbird Christmas" - Fannie Flagg is one of my favourites. I have no idea how I found her in the first place though. (Another favourite that I can pick up and read any time is Garrison Keillor)
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 10:23 PM

Literally just finished reading a book to come on here. The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koodman and it was excellent.

Page 88 of 95 « First < 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top