Join for free
Page 16 of 27 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 07:25 PM

Re: Is Brexit over ??

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, that's true. Perhaps 'first past the post' is the better option.

An alternative might be to reduce the time between general elections to every four years or even three.

Admittedly, some changes might take longer than three years to put in place, but at least after three years we'd be able to see the beginnings of changes promised in the government's manifesto.
It might just hurry them up and remind them that we are watching.

I would totally reform postal voting as well.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
i would totally reform postal voting as well.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think most ex-PMs are given a peerage.

The Lords is a free old people's home for ex politicians anyway!
Exactly my point JBR, even a peerage has some advantages
l'm sure, why change something you are likely to benefit from
in the future??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 07:33 AM

Yes, thank gawd. When I logged in this arvo there was only one Brexit topic and it was two thirds of the way down the second page of "New Posts". - I was so surprised I went looking!

I suppose the irony is that this post while make it raise its ugly head again.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 07:50 AM

Hi

It is not going away anytime soon.

We are about to start Phase Two Negotiations, Services.

Boris is also wanting to change some things he negotiated.

Good Luck with that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yes, thank gawd. When I logged in this arvo there was only one Brexit topic and it was two thirds of the way down the second page of "New Posts". - I was so surprised I went looking!

I suppose the irony is that this post while make it raise its ugly head again.
You don't have to read them ....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You don't have to read them ....
I don't
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't
That's obvious Brucy !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That's obvious Brucy !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

I see that the Build Back Better Council will be having its first meeting today.

"The prime minister will speak to 30 senior leaders about topics such as “regulatory freedoms” and reforming EU rules. Rishi Sunak, the chancellor, has been charged by Mr Johnson with leading a cross-Whitehall committee which will require departments to closely examine which regulations can be reformed."
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...pore-mktg5mtx2

' He [Rishi Sunak] told The Times: “Now that we have left the European Union, we have an opportunity to do things differently and this government is committed to making the most of the freedoms that Brexit affords us.

“This isn’t about lowering standards, but about raising our eyes to look to the future — making the most of new sectors, new thinking and new ways of working.” '
https://www.cityam.com/johnson-to-di...iness-leaders/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-01-2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

I see that the Build Back Better Council will be having its first meeting today.

"The prime minister will speak to 30 senior leaders about topics such as “regulatory freedoms” and reforming EU rules. Rishi Sunak, the chancellor, has been charged by Mr Johnson with leading a cross-Whitehall committee which will require departments to closely examine which regulations can be reformed."
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...pore-mktg5mtx2

' He [Rishi Sunak] told The Times: “Now that we have left the European Union, we have an opportunity to do things differently and this government is committed to making the most of the freedoms that Brexit affords us.

“This isn’t about lowering standards, but about raising our eyes to look to the future — making the most of new sectors, new thinking and new ways of working.” '
https://www.cityam.com/johnson-to-di...iness-leaders/

Here comes the bonfire of red tape!

Page 16 of 27 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top