Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 08:03 AM

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Absolutely JB, there is no end to the imagination of the human mind. "You cannot change the laws of physics Jim!"
Maybe the human mind can’t, but a higher intelligence might have found a way , after all, if you could show someone from a hundred years ago a smartphone, what would they make of it I wonder..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Maybe the human mind can’t, but a higher intelligence might have found a way , after all, if you could show someone from a hundred years ago a smartphone, what would they make of it I wonder..
Sorry Primus, I meant that the human mind has no limits to what it can think....
Everything that has been discovered or invented was the product of someone's mind who dared to believe it could be possible. And then someone else can see the possibilities and potential and takes it to the next level. But you can only go so far with the materials at hand, sooner or later those materials will either run out, or limit how much further you can progress.

I can't honestly see an Amoeba on a faraway planet having the intelligence to transcend the vast distance of space and arrive here, in what would likely be a hostile environment to itself. Too many if's and but's in my opinion. And we might not even be here when it finally arrived. Because we have only been somewhat intelligent for a couple of thousand years, that would be a hell of a window to try and hit after several thousand light years of travel...Give or take a million years...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Same as anyone over 65 years old now.

The trouble is the theory of relativity, time is relative, but only to itself.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We might if they've found a wormhole, though I have no idea whether such things are even possible.

Oh yes, of course I've seen them on Star Trek and they seem an excellent idea!

This will really mess your head.

https://sciencehook.com/2020/04/10/c...nd-worm-holes/

At present, space-time wormholes are only theoretical constructs derived from general relativity; there is no experimental evidence for their existence.

Black holes are found to exist. White holes and Wormholes are also yet to be found in case they are present.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:20 PM

There is a school of thought that suggests we have been at this level of progress before, and the discoveries and inventions are nothing new, just regurgitated from times gone by. Are we once again reaching the highest we can build the tower of progress before it all comes crashing down and we have to start all over again....Better start learning how to draw on cave walls again....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:32 PM

Get that, makes sense.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:35 PM

Yes Foxy, we have been busy making Artifacts for future manifestations to discover.
digitalham
United Kingdom
digitalham is male  digitalham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There is a school of thought that suggests we have been at this level of progress before, and the discoveries and inventions are nothing new, just regurgitated from times gone by. Are we once again reaching the highest we can build the tower of progress before it all comes crashing down and we have to start all over again....Better start learning how to draw on cave walls again....
If that is so then the previous civilisation fell a long long time ago or there wouldn't be the quantity of fossil fuels still around. Surely any working the way up from hunter gatherers will go through a period of exploiting fossil fuels during their rise. Nothing in the fossil record suggests cyclic civilisations either that I'm aware of.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by digitalham ->
If that is so then the previous civilisation fell a long long time ago or there wouldn't be the quantity of fossil fuels still around. Surely any working the way up from hunter gatherers will go through a period of exploiting fossil fuels during their rise. Nothing in the fossil record suggests cyclic civilisations either that I'm aware of.
I think OGF is quite right in a way. Look at the Ancient Egyptians. Despite a number of theories, there is still no definite explanation of how they built the pyramids.

Perhaps they even had forms of machinery of which we are not aware of.

Ah, so where are they now?

Inside the pyramids?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 09:18 PM

Hi
I am a scientist, and also a cynical Yorkshire man.

I do not believe in Conspirancy Theories and in popular parlance I am as hard as nails.

Twice in my life things have happened which I cannot explain.

The third time it was Rendlesham, not there at the time, but there for the aftermath.

It is unexplainable even today with our current scientific understanding.

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top