Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:53 AM

Re: Rant alert - re Lockdown!

I don’t understand?
Many members on here profess to be caring and will always stop and hug lonely people and chat to them..
Yet if the same lonely people ring you up, you don’t want to talk to them!

lt’s a funny old world!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 11:13 AM

There ain’t nowt as strange as folk.....we are all strange, in our own way.

Everyone on the planet has different qualities ,imo......
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 11:18 AM

eeeew I never said hugging... I dont do hugging.

True though, I dont mind doing things for people but I dont want them invading my me time...

Shocked my neighbour this week though, we dont talk much but I got a box of Persil washing powder discs free via an app and I know she is fanatical about washing so I texted her and asked if she wanted them and put them on the garden wall for her..( Im allergic to them)

She was happy but a bit taken aback that Id thought of her..
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
they want to chat about next to nothing for an hour or more at a time.
I used to have a friend who made me want to blow my brains out after 30 minutes of talking to him on the phone. We've lost touch now, but I never find myself wondering how he's doing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t understand?
Many members on here profess to be caring and will always stop and hug lonely people and chat to them..

lt’s a funny old world!

I assume your post is a pop at me Art, as I know you did not agree with my recent thread about giving comforting hugs when someone is upset.

You are so far off course with your interpretation of me, it's quite amazing.
However, I feel no need to beg your approval, so let's leave it at that.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:06 PM

I like being around the animals more than people, several reasons, BUT, I prefer to mix on my terms these days. I don't do hugging either. I'll help anyone out no bother, but stay out of my life unless invited. Weird? Yes propably but it takes all sorts....including my kind.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	143576344_3634745916560529_6330949957289152116_o.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	14765  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t understand?

lt’s a funny old world!

Art, we are all different, aren’t we?...we have good days/ bad days...it’s understanding that.

For example, my son is in my bubble, he stayed here for a week, we spoke non stop.

I phoned him last night, it rang and it rang, he never answered it.....I rang a few hours later, he had then put his phone straight onto voicemail.....that was telling me, he was too tired to talk....message received....so left him alone.

Some people just aren’t tuned into the other person, in that way, they are just seeing their own needs being met...hope that makes sense,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-02-2021, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I like being around the animals more than people, several reasons, BUT, I prefer to mix on my terms these days. I don't do hugging either. I'll help anyone out no bother, but stay out of my life unless invited. Weird? Yes propably but it takes all sorts....including my kind.

I did wonder, why you had stopped communicating with me...now I understand...😂🤣😅
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I did wonder, why you had stopped communicating with me...now I understand...😂🤣😅

Sauce Box.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Art, we are all different, aren’t we?...we have good days/ bad days...it’s understanding that.

For example, my son is in my bubble, he stayed here for a week, we spoke non stop.

I phoned him last night, it rang and it rang, he never answered it.....I rang a few hours later, he had then put his phone straight onto voicemail.....that was telling me, he was too tired to talk....message received....so left him alone.

Some people just aren’t tuned into the other person, in that way, they are just seeing their own needs being met...hope that makes sense,

Yes Pauline, I can understand that.
Conversation should be a two-way thing, and all I meant was sometimes it is can be difficult to even get to the phone - like recently when I was very poorly.

Even when we are well, it is not always possible to drop everything for an hour.
Having said that, at times it can also be very enjoyable, but just not when I am in the middle of something important. Is that so unreasonable?
A genuine emergency, where someone is in trouble is a different matter altogether.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top