Join for free
Page 10 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 04:37 PM

Re: EU About to Block Vaccine For the UK.

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Heh heh heh.

I think we're heading towards a very interesting few days.
While I'm sure many of us already knew what the EU's temperament was, they're now showing the world their true colours and it isn't a good look.

Unless they back down completely (which is unlikely because they hate to be seen to lose face) it's looking more and more like their own failures are going to lead to an escalating dispute with us which then leads to the possibility of a refusal by the EU to ratify the Brexit deal.
Would that be such a bad thing? After all said and done, several EU countries have already stated they aren't willing to ratify it.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 04:43 PM

Is anyone know the terms of the order that the UK made with AZ? In particular, is the EU forcing a company to break its contractual obligations?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Is anyone know the terms of the order that the UK made with AZ? In particular, is the EU forcing a company to break its contractual obligations?
I don't know about the actual T&Cs, Dex, but this link provides another link to a redacted version of the contract you're asking about.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 05:08 PM

All I will say is thank goodness the jab goes in the arm. Far better the on the buttocks, who would want to see hundreds of bare bums each day?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
All I will say is thank goodness the jab goes in the arm. Far better the on the buttocks, who would want to see hundreds of bare bums each day?
Andrew Windsor for starters.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Andrew Windsor for starters.
Oh, I'd have thought Edward.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Would that be such a bad thing? After all said and done, several EU countries have already stated they aren't willing to ratify it.
Let's see if they're all mouth first, but we're already nearing April so there's not that long a wait ahead.
As far as I'm concerned given the overall state of play I think that if the EU refuse to ratify Brexit that would be fine by me, and it would probably be fine with a majority of the population too given how the EU are acting.

In fact I doubt that it would cause us any great harm (certainly in the longer term), whereas with the EU it would undoubtedly compound their difficulties.

I've said before that the first thing the UK should have done upon putting forward our Article 50 letter was to say something along the lines of "We're off and we are happy to go WTO. If you want more than that and if you want to talk seriously about keeping some of your huge trade surplus with us, you know where we are." but of course Cameron bottled it and I shan't even mention the treacherous May.
(For those thinking the word too strong, it really isn't. Treachery is the best description for any government which knowingly allows our country to be put at a disadvantage in such a manner.)
It is without a shadow of doubt that initial treachery which has led us to where we are with Brexit.

This relates to the thread topic because we are fortunate that our vaccine plan has been so successful and that ongoing factors relating to that plan will see us remain at the forefront globally not only with Covid research and vaccines, but with other related works like our world-leading genome sequencing which is already showing great promise in the future fight against disease which antibiotic therapies are increasingly struggling to manage.
When you read such promising news as that (see below too) and remember that it is mainly thanks to the foresight of this government is it any wonder that competitors would use any means at their disposal to try and prevent our success?

Those with access to The Times might like to read this:
"Britain’s world-leading coronavirus sequencing infrastructure can be repurposed to help to tackle the “silent pandemic” of antibiotic resistance, scientists have said, as the government predicted superbugs could cause 20 million deaths a year worldwide by 2050."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...bugs-pmfql93rl
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
😄😄😄😄

I can't even imagine that realspeed??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I'd have thought Edward.
You must know something l don't JBR ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-03-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
It would definitely be a good thing Percy, no doubt !!
But unfortunately l don't think this government believes it, and would immediately capitulate and concede something to avert it happening?
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, and sadly that is at
the upper end of the chain in our case ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
PS. There's a very good article in the telegraph tonight, and you can
read the whole thing for a change?

Page 10 of 21 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top